Life changes by the minute, and in just ten minutes a funicular can easily transport you from Interlaken Ost station to incredible views Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau as well as Lakes Brienz and Thun. Ten minutes is all it takes to ascend over 1,300 metres to the Harder Kulm. See gorgeous scenery en-route as the funicular climbs through charming forests, and you’ll even pass by a wildlife park. Enjoy panoramic views from the “Two-Lakes-Bridge” viewing platform, offering a glass area in the floor allowing for some amazing sightseeing. Treat yourself to a bite to eat at the lovely restaurant, just a five minute walk from the station. If your travel plans include Interlaken, be sure to include a journey to Harder Kulm, spectacular views and lifelong memories await.
Exclusive limited-time Summer offer: use promo code 4SUMMER19 to get HK$700 off bookings of HK$7760 or more. Offer ends 25 June 2019.
Experience the beauty of Harder Kulm with this great excursion
- Travel by funicular railway up to Harder Kulm in only 10 minutes and then a short scenic stroll to the Harder Kulm
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant offers beautiful views of Eiger, Mönch, and Jungfrau mountains
- Issued as a paper document
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm
- Children under 6 travel free sharing adult passenger’s seat
- Discount offered with Swiss Travel PassLive folk music, every Saturday from May to October from 4pm
- Includes round-trip travel from Interlaken to Harder Kulm by funicular.
- Two Lakes Bridge viewing platform and panorama restaurant with spacious terrace offers a beautiful view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains and of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.
- Hiking and theme trails from the Harder Kulm.
- Live folk music, every Saturday from 28 May to 22 October 2016 from 4pm.
- Discounted fares are valid with a Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card and Eurail Pass that includes Switzerland, please refer to the type of pass you have when selecting your tickets.
- All child rates are valid for children ages 6 -15.
- Children under 6 are free.
- Children traveling with a Swiss Family Card are free when they travel with a parent or guardian that is traveling with a Swiss Travel Pass. Where noted below, please indicate the number of children that are NOT covered by the Swiss Family Card. Note: these children will be required to purchase a ticket.
- Train tickets and Swiss Transfer tickets are not valid for rail pass discounts.
- Tickets are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
- Operates daily from 14 April.
- Harder funicular railway departs every 30 minutes from approximately 09:10 am to 08:55 pm. Last descent from Harder Kulm 21:40. Restaurant Harder Kulm open daily from 9:30 am to 09:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change.
- Prices are subject to change.
From our travel community
Read all ]
You may also be interested in
Common Questions, Simple Answers
Q. Can I choose whether my tickets or rail passes are delivered as paper documents or electronically?
A. All available delivery options for how your train tickets, rail passes, and/or reservations can be issued will be presented to you during checkout.
Q. What if my shipment gets lost?
A. If you believe that your shipment is lost, please contact us as soon as possible using our Contact Us page.
If you’re departing soon and your booking is lost, we will work with you for the best possible solution to deliver your travel documents before you leave.
Q. What do I do if no one comes to check my train ticket or rail pass?
A. It’s best to keep your travel documents (train ticket, rail pass, and/or reservation) out and ready to be checked by a conductor. If for any reason a conductor does not come by to check your train ticket or rail pass during your entire journey, no worries. Simply get off the train at your destination station and continue with your travel plans.
Please keep in mind that you will need a valid rail pass or train ticket to travel on board trains in Europe. If your pass or ticket were not looked at, it is an unusual occurrence.
Q. What happens if I board a train with my rail pass but forgot to purchase a reservation?
A. We suggest advising the conductor as soon as possible of the situation and purchase the required reservation. If you’re traveling on a train that requires a reservation you could be fined.
Q. Can I sit in Second class if I have a First class rail pass?
A. Yes you can, provided there is an available seat. If you are traveling on a train that requires reservations, you can reserve your seat in Second class with a First class rail pass (subject to availability). Please note that there will be no refund given for the difference in fare.
Q. How long are train tickets valid for?
A. It depends if you have a ticket with a reservation or a point to point train ticket.
Point to point train tickets are valid within 15 days from the first day of validity printed on the ticket. You can travel with your train ticket on any date within the validity period (however, remember: separate reservations may be necessary, depending on the route).
Tickets with reservations are only valid for the train for which the reservation was issued, on that specific travel date and time of travel.
Q. Do I need to make a reservation if I’m traveling with a rail pass on an overnight train?
A. Yes. Even with your rail pass, you will need to make a reservation on any overnight train. Reservations are required for sleeping compartments, couchettes, and seats. Depending on where you’re traveling, the guidelines of the specific train and/or the type of rail pass you have, you may be entitled to purchase a reservation in place of a full price ticket.
You can search for overnight reservations directly on our website - just be sure to select the "I have a rail pass" option.
Q. What is the difference between 1st and 2nd class on the Trenitalia (Italy) train?
A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and Bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and Bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
Frecciarossa high-speed trains offer four levels of service, accommodating all travel budgets. Choose from Executive, Business, Premium, and Standard class.
In Executive class, you’ll indulge in luxury and comfort including lounge access at the station, dedicated car with just 8 luxurious reclining leather seats, convenient meeting area to conduct business, gourmet meal served at your seat, open bar, and more.
Business class also provides an upgraded level of service with plush leather reclining seats, welcome drink & snack, and platform check-in.
In Premium class you’ll experience the services of 1st class in a 2nd class seat, including a welcome drink & snack, sleek leather seating, and more.
Lastly, Economy class is a budget-friendly 2nd class seat, offering a comfortable reclining cloth seat.
Q. Are there smoking and non smoking sections on trains?
A. Smoking is not permitted on any trains in Great Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg), France, Hungary, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, or Poland.
Smoking is restricted on trains in Finland and the Czech Republic.
Smoking is also prohibited in lavatories and dining cars. And you must observe special regulations at stations where you usually find dedicated smoking areas or rooms.
Q. How do I book a train ticket on your site?
A. We have an easy-to-use booking form right on the homepage of our site. Simply enter your departure and arrival cities, the date you’d like to travel, approximate time of day, and number of passengers. If you have a rail pass, be sure to check the "I have a rail pass" box so that we can search the best fares for your journey.