UK TrainsUnited Kingdom: National Rail
- London - Edinburgh: 04:19
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 60 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
UK trains link all Britain from London to Oxford, Glasgow to Edinburg and Cardiff to Birmingham etc.
Great Britain is full of contrasts, whichever direction you travel you will find a wide variety of landscapes. Hop on and discover the countryside by train in a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. From cosmopolitan and vibrant cities to historic places and their richness in heritage, trains will take you everywhere.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Along 15,795 kilometres of tracks, 23 Train Operating Companies work together for providing the most complete rail network. Long distance traffic, Regional and National lines, everything is made to ease each kind of rail travel.
With its 14 terminals from which the main lines connect to the other parts of Great Britain, London is the hub of the UK rail network. The large choice of schedules will be the opportunity to tailor-make your journey and easily plan day trips to visit Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton or Windsor in one day from London.
From East to West or North to South, and although a few of them are High Speed trains, UK rail network trains run all year long and offer quick connections across the regions. Here are some examples of routes and best travel times:
|London Paddington - Oxford||0h53|
|London Waterloo - Portsmouth||1h35|
|London St Pancras - Dover Priory||1h09|
|Cardiff Central - Birmingham New Street||2h|
|Glasgow - Edinburg||0h58|
|London||Stratford Upon A||01:59||HK$73|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- UK Trains tickets are open for booking 60 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Print @ Station
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Recommended for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket when offered by the train carrier. With the included reservation, you are guaranteed a seat to make your journey more enjoyable.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Most of the stations are equipped with self-service ticket machines where you will be able to collect your Print @ the station ticket. First class is ideal for business travellers as well as for passengers who want to be pampered. First class tickets provide access to first class lounges in the main stations.
|First class||Second class|
|Snacks and beverages Whenever you feel peckish, you can buy something on board to eat or drink. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain trains. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. Simply enter 1 passenger on the request page. The results page will display 1-3 passenger rooms depending on what is available. When booking a room that has more than one bed, the compartment is shared.
- A. You can book your ICE train up to 3 months in advance.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. Austria, Benelux (includes Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Czech Republic, Croatia/Slovenia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. First class on the Talgo Day offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the Talgo Day offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Our popular Swiss Card provides 1 roundtrip by rail from any Swiss airport or border to 1 single destination. It also includes a 50% discount on all Swiss railways, lake steamers, postal buses, and excursions to mountaintops.
- A. Each passenger is allowed 2 bags/suitcases plus 1 piece of hand luggage and every piece of luggage must be labelled. Luggage can be stored in the racks above your seat on ICE trains.
- A. Maps are provided with many multiple country passes and some single country passes. We have online maps for planning on our site.
- A. Eurostar offers 3 classes of service: 2 for 1st class and 1 for 2nd class. Business Premier which offers priority express check-in at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, wifi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travelers, complimentary newspapers, 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Leisure Select offers spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers, and 3-course meal with refreshments at your seat. Standard class (2nd class) offers generous legroom and access to a bar-buffet car where a selection of food and beverages are available for purchase.
answered | Posted by Ramon T. | Comments 0 | Created: 09/06/2016
answered | Posted by Rafique D. | Comments 0 | Created: 18/01/2016
answered | Posted by Darshan P. | Comments 0 | Created: 12/12/2015
answered | Posted by Vandana A. | Comments 0 | Created: 02/12/2015
answered | Posted by Carlos O. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2015
Reviews & ratings UK Trains
Overall rating (145)
Overall appreciationExcellent 34% Very good 37% Average 21% Poor 2% Terrible 5%
- "Nice view" I-min c. 15/11/2016
This's my first time to take the train from London to Glasgow, and I did enjoy the scenery in the way. It's too beautiful to sleep.I Value for money Convenience
- "Bristol to paddington direct" James g. 26/10/2016
This has historically been a painless journey and this one was no different. Continues to be a pretty punctual route, with just about enough seats to accommodate demand. Only concern would be if you were joining after Bristol, seat reservations weren't marked and it wasn't clear that the operator was honoring them at all. As the service starts in Bristol that was not an issue for me. Value for money Convenience
- "My experince with Rail Europe" Nili g. 23/08/2016
I believe my rating on all three categories sums it all.I certainly will continue to look out for Rail Europe as my first rail traveling ooption whenever relevant. Value for money Convenience
- "vocation " Yoav z. 18/08/2016
comlimentary WI FI could be provided for no fee , the train was on time clean and quiet although quite full both ways . Value for money Convenience
- "wonderful trip" Mao t. 16/08/2016
It was our first time to take rail in England. very enjoyable. Value for money Convenience
- "Very comfort." Chung Chiao c. 12/08/2016
Seats were comfortable. Staff was kind. The meal and beverages were nice. Value for money Convenience
- "London to Edinbrugh Express" Diana b. 27/07/2016
The trip was fast and comfortable. The workers on the train were polite and nice. The only issue was the fact that there were only a couple of times that the cart came and it was kinda expensive. Overall it was a quick ride and a pleasant one. Value for money Convenience
- "great journey" Buntaran l. 11/07/2016
we are really enjoying traveling with Virgin train, the service is excellent but unfortunately on the way back to London we missed the train and we can not utilize the tickets for the next schedule and we have to buy new ones only for lower class with special rate - being helped by the ticketing officer Value for money Convenience
- "Carlisle to Euston" . 05/07/2016
Good trip, train was on time and good value for money. Easy to book and print tickets at station. Used to Swiss trains that are more spacious than the British ones, but no complaints.
- "my opinion" Wolfgang s. 04/07/2016
It was a short trip, the Train was on time, the stuff friendly and the Train was very clean Value for money Convenience
- "Unclean toilet" Wai Yin t. 26/06/2016
The toilet is quite terrible!!!!!!!!! Should be improved. Value for money Convenience
- "Brilliant Trip" Norman g. 24/06/2016
This was our first time in the UK, so we were really nervous about a train trip...the station and staff were excellent, easy to find our way around and then the trip was excellent. The train was comfortable, with good views and time went really quickly. Value for money Convenience
- "Great value for Money" Rajagopalan k. 13/06/2016
The trip was very comfortable. The tickets were so cheap that even my relative who lives in Birmingham was surprised how cheap it was. Value for money Convenience
- "Terrible first experience" Mei Fong s. 08/06/2016
There were no seats available and we had to stand throughout the journey. The train was so packed that finding a place to stand on the aisle is also a problem. People were stepping on each other. A group of rowdy passengers were drinking and yelling on top of their voices. We should have been advised at the ticket counter that if we can't find seats we can take a later train. Being first timers, we didn't know we could do that. In addition, the train was delayed and we reached Edinburgh more than 30 minutes late. We have submitted our claims for refund of tickets costs. Hopefully the claims will be processed fast. Value for money Convenience
- "Great trip" Baoxian h. 04/06/2016
Easy to book and get around Value for money Convenience