Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Review and ratings (3362)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
Find a point to point ticket
Thalys, also known as the red train connects Brussels and the Benelux with destinations in France, Germany and the Netherlands at speeds of up to 300 km/hr. In 2009 Thalys launched a new section of high-speed line, cutting journey times. Today Thalys trains cross Benelux from Paris in less than 3 and a half hours.
With frequent services – up to 23 daily returns between Paris and Brussels alone – it’s easy to add another destination to your itinerary with Thalys.
Thalys tickets are available up to three months before departure; we recommend that you book early to benefit from the best fares. While there is no check-in to board Thalys trains, reservation is required on Thalys and is included within the price of your Rail Europe ticket.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Thalys offers direct and high-speed services between Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Cologne. Aboard Thalys trains you can reach city centres in the pure tradition of comfort and service at high speed.
|Paris - Brussels||1h22|
|Paris - Cologne||3h14|
|Paris - Amsterdam||3h18|
|Paris - Düsseldorf||3h47|
|Brussels - Amsterdam||1h53|
|Brussels - Cologne||1h47|
|Brussels - Düsseldorf||2h20|
|Antwerp - Amsterdam Schiphol||0h57|Paris Amsterdam 03:16 HK$376 Paris Brussels 01:20 HK$269 Brussels Amsterdam 01:49 HK$311 Paris Cologne 03:14 HK$311 Paris Bruges 02:28 HK$602 Brussels Cologne 01:47 HK$311 Rotterdam Paris 02:37 HK$483 Amsterdam Rotterdam 00:35 HK$226 Dusseldorf Paris 03:47 HK$526 Antwerp Paris 02:02 HK$376 Brussels Rotterdam 01:10 HK$365 Antwerp Brussels 00:35 HK$204 Dusseldorf Cologne 00:24 HK$107 Paris Aachen 02:35 HK$311 Brussels Aachen 01:08 HK$247
Buy your public transport tickets from the bar-buffet whilst onboard.
Booking & Ticket deliveryBooking :
- Thalys tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Ticket delivery option(s) :
|Paper ticket||Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.|
|Print @ home||Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
|Print @ Station||Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Feeling like taking an extensive break in the Old Continent? Thalys high-speed trains could take you between France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany with style and comfort at speeds of up to 300 km/hr.
Experience the service
Before you board
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>||√|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>||√|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>||√|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. At an additional cost. small>||√|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board. small>||√||√|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>||√||√|
Meal services on Thalys trains
- In 1st class you receive a full meal on board Thalys trains, in the comfort of your own seat. Meals served are breakfast, lunch and dinner and include a choice of drinks, cold starter and main course, bread and dessert. In 2nd class you have full access to the bar buffet, which offers (you) a selection of food and beverages, as well as organic and fair trade products. Whichever class you travel on Thalys, and whatever time of day it is, you know that you will not be hungry!
Stay connected with Thalys!
- WI-FI connection is available on board all Thalys trains, so that you can work as you travel, or be in touch with friends and family via your computer. This service is complimentary for 1st class passengers and also available for 2nd class passengers, but at an additional cost. So if you need to stay connected you can – keeping continuity in your busy work day or organising your social life for the evening!
Thalys helps you get to "Any Belgian Station"
- Thalys works very closely with the SNCB train network to ensure good coordination and continuity of service. The “Any Belgian Station” fare includes both the Thalys and the Belgian leg of the journey, at a minimal extra cost, and is valid for two days either before or after your Thalys journey. You have no need to book a reservation for the local Belgian train ride – as you can imagine, this fare is convenient and saves time! Let Thalys help make travelling in Belgium easy for you!
Travelling with a Thalys train, or the red train as it is also called, means having an hassle-free journey with a touch of style and sophistication.
Interactive travel map
Review and ratings
Overall rating (3362)
Overall appreciationExcellent 44% Very good 35% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 2%
"Pleasurable train trip" Roger Malcolm w.
This is the first time we have travelled by train - normally fly to required destination. Some hesitation at start as to will we have support from staff to ask questions as to where we catch the train etc. No need to worry the staff were very informative and now have the confidence to do again! Very good trip on board staff were excellent.. Value for money Convenience
"GREAT TRIP AND EXPERIENCE"Amelia r. 22/05/2013
We travelled with our daughter of 8yo and this is our first trip travelling by train across 3 country over Europe. At first I was astonished to see the publish price on the net. But then I switch the schedule then I get a PROMO price! We even get the 1st class on our trip from Brussel to Paris. We got the free breakfast, which was very good and the chair itself is very convenient. I strongly suggest for future passenger who want to travel by Eurotrain should book the tickets weeks before the day. Unless you're not interested for promo... Value for money Convenience
"BELGIUM-AMSTERDAM"Andrew j. 22/05/2013
Would have received 5 STARS BUT the entry to the carriage was full of luggage. All the overhead racks were full. Every time the train stopped kept having to check our suitcases were still where we left them, on top of other luggage at the doors to the carriage Value for money Convenience
"Baggage space is a problem"Michelle b. 22/05/2013
This was a very pleasant journey but there is insufficient room provided for luggage. Both trips I was given different instructions on where to store my bag by the hostesses who seemed very harassed with many passengers who had the same problem. It marred an otherwise enjoyable trip. Value for money Convenience
"Train trip"Richard s. 20/05/2013
Very convenient way to travel.We would do a train trip again with your company. Value for money Convenience
"travel from Antwerpen to Paris"Dianne m. 20/05/2013
the train journey was a very pleasant experience. I will definitely consider this form of travel on my next trip overseas Value for money Convenience
"thalys ticket for within city"Kaewta k. 20/05/2013
Though seat numbers we automatically received through internet booking are far apart, we found to our relief that they are next to each other so seven of us are sitting together. Thanks. One thing - when we arrived Brussels Midi we also bought ticket to go to Brussels Central which is our destination. We only learnt later that Thalys ticket to Midi can also be used to get to other Brussels train station. It will be great if we have this info from Thalys. Value for money Convenience
"Paris to Amsterdam"Paul n. 18/05/2013
Great way to travel, the train was so very comfortable, the service excellent by very friendly Value for money Convenience
"Wonderful, just wonderful"Paul n. 17/05/2013
We traveled from Brussels to Paris. The train was great. The service was on the high end. Just loved it!
"Train travel"Elaine p. 17/05/2013
We wanted to travel from Paris to Amsterdam and decided to try Rail Europe. We booked our tickets, through Thalys on the internet, from New Zealand. We were very pleased that we did as it was a very enjoyable trip and a great experience. The coach we were in was very comfortable and the service excellent. Value for money Convenience
"Thalys Koln to Brussels"Elaine p. 17/05/2013
On time performance.Efficient and friendly staff,clean and comfortable train.
"Thalys Train Ams-Paris"Omer m. 15/05/2013
It was my first time to try the super-fast train "Thalys"! Being born Value for money Convenience
"when to book and food costs"Omer m. 15/05/2013
we found that bookings were only available approximately 3 months in advance and that the further ahead you book the better the price is. Food on the train is limited and expensive.
"First Class on the Thalys"Peter n. 13/05/2013
Travelling first class was a very smooth, comfortable journey. The on board service and free wi-fi were excellent. The punctuality if the service was impressive. Access to the Thalys lounge at Amsterdam CS was particularly pleasant. Value for money Convenience
"Comvenient way to travel"Evi Riakusuma j. 13/05/2013
The train is comfortable, with reclinable seat and power supply, so we can plug our laptop or charge our handphone. The schedule is punctual and toilet is clean. It also has cafetaria so we can buy meals. In short, 3 hours Amsterdam-Paris has been through conveniently. Value for money Convenience