Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Our dedicated staff at your service.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
Need assistance planning ?
Review and ratings (1179)
Experience comfort and style, upgrade to 1st class!
Find a point to point ticket
TGV Lyria network
TGV Lyria is operated by the French national railway-SNCF and the Swiss national railway-CFF. The high speed train links France and Switzerland. TGV Lyria enables you to reach Basel, Zurich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva from Gare de Lyon in less than 4 hours. TGV Lyria will take you from France to major Swiss cities, ski resorts and lakes.
The TGV Lyria will take you from Paris city center and major train stations to the snow white Swiss mountains in just a couple of hours. Breathtaking scenery is very much part of your journey.
Bookings can be done up 3 months prior to your travel date. Earliest booking will beneficiate from the best fares for the TGV Lyria.
Popular journeys and travel durations
The TGV Lyria links cities such as Paris or Dijon in France and/to cities such as Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchatel, Bern and Zurich in Switzerland.
Less than 4h by TGV Lyria train, the cities below can be reached from the international hub of Paris:
|Paris – Geneva||3h05|
|Paris - Lausanne||3h34|
|Paris - Basel||3h03|
|Paris - Zurich||4h03|
|Paris - Interlaken||5h39|
|Geneva - Marseille||3h32|
|Geneva - Nice||6h19|Zurich Paris 04:03 HK$1,300 Paris Geneva 03:05 HK$397 Basel Paris 03:03 HK$440 Lyon Geneva 01:42 HK$387 Paris Bern 04:33 HK$967 Lausanne Paris 03:37 HK$591 Zurich Mulhouse 01:18 HK$451 Basel Mulhouse 00:18 HK$236
With TGV Lyria’s first class you will experience the première service on board the Lyria. You will be able to relax by enjoying a peaceful break, reading a book, watching a movie on your iPad or just by laying back. Complimentary meal and drinks will be served at your seat. While on board you can make a taxi reservation in Paris.
Booking & Ticket deliveryBooking :
- TGV Lyria tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Ticket delivery option(s) :
|Paper ticket||Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.|
|Print @ home||Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
|Print @ Station (from France)||Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.||Printing guide|
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Before you board
- The Gare de Lyon in Paris (train station) has car parking facilities and an excellent connection with public transport system and taxis.
- You can use luggage lockers in the stations to avoid carrying your suitcases around with you, if you arrive with time to spare before you board TGV Lyria.
- The Swiss train stations have an excellent connection to a vast network of public transport system.
- Passengers travelling from Zurich onboard the 1st class of the TGV Lyria, can use the CFF lounge where drinks, internet access, newspapers and magazines are available.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>||√|
|Meal and drink* A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>||√|
|Taxi reservation** Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. small>||√|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>||√|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>||√||√|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>||√||√|
*except on Geneva <> Montpellier/Marseille/Nice ** except on Geneva<>Nice
First and Second class onboard the TGV Lyria
- First Class includes large reclining seats, a welcome drink, power sockets and a gourmet meal served at your seat.*
- Taxi booking service is available onboard. No need to wait until your arrival to make a taxi booking.
- Second Class includes generous legroom, bar buffer car with a wide selection of meals and beverages.
The TGV Lyriapremière service, a class above
- The Lyriapremière Service includes a quality meal, a delicious cold gourmet and other services. You will be served at your seat allowing you to travel in comfort. Depending on the time of the day, you will be offered either a breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea or an evening meal. The menu differs. In summer you can expect salads whereas in winter you can expect more festive meals. The quality does not change.
Metro tickets onboard
- Buy tickets for the Paris metro onboard. They are available for sale at the bar buffet car.
Interactive travel map
Review and ratings
Overall rating (1179)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 37% Average 16% Poor 3% Terrible 3%
"One way exelent" Juan M g.
I got a round tripo from Gare de Lyon to Basel SBB, and one way from PAris to Basel was exelente, the 2 level train was formidable even the service in the medium coach for drinks, but the return wasn't that great, it was a 1 level train and you could exactly see the diference between the trains. Regards. Value for money Convenience
"Pleasant Journey" Uday k.
Travelled with my family from Geneva to Paris. The train was absolutely on time and we had a very pleasant journey. The pantry car was also well stocked and we got nice hot coffee during the trip. All in all a great experience ! Value for money Convenience
"Could be better" Clement y.
Notwithstanding the delay of more than 20 minutes to Lausanne, the trip was generally comfortable. The staff are professional and quite helpful. Value for money Convenience
"Pleasant evening trip" John r.
A very pleasant trip through the French country-side in a near-empty train. Value for money Convenience
"Efficient Service" Susan m.
This train journey was something I had been looking forward to doing and I wasn't disappointed. The first class carriages were very clean and comfortable. The scenery was fantastic although you had to be quick to take a photo as the train sped along at 320km's p/hr. Value for money Convenience
"Not Bad" Timothy a.
Trip was nice, Trains were punctual and clean - this is the only trans-europ trip I have taken so I don't have much to compare it to, but if I was going from country to country again I would definately consider using the TGV service again Value for money Convenience
"Luggage help and better food" Noura a.
Everything is perfect however i wish there was some people to help you with the luggage. Also if the food was served in better quality other than cold awful sandwich Value for money Convenience
"Enjoyable ride" Mahesh c.
We took TGV Lyria from Paris to Basel. It was very convenient to get into at Paris Gare de Lyon. Basel too was very convenient. For families of 4 it is ideal as you get allocated family seats. Don't go by the seat map that is there in the website but every coach has seats in multiple of 4 so it is very difficult not to get seat of your choice but you cannot select your seats. Once you are in Switzerland and if your Swiss Pass mentions dates you need not validate, only if it does not mention dates, you will have to get it validated at the information counter. The minibar is also spacious and good. Value for money Convenience
"fast and comfortable" Kwan Kin n.
Excellent sevices Value for money Convenience
"Simply amazing" Manav g.
This was our 1st TGV journey and I was simply blown away by entire experience. From ticket booking to on boarding to the entire comfort and speed. TGV are greats way to travel across Europe. Great value for your time Convenience
"Superb ride" Rahul s.
It was my second ride on the same train TGV Lyria from Zurich to Paris after 3 years. It was as smooth and convenient as the previous one. World class with no suggestions possible. Fast, fascinating and fantastic. Value for money Convenience
"Fast and Comfortable Commute" Prasad b.
Took TGV Lyria from Paris to Interlaken. Traveling through TGV is fast, very comfortable and very convenient. I travelled through first class with Eurail Global Pass which is proved to be value for money and time saving instead of taking point to point tickets. Only thing which I didn't like is wifi was not working even though was mentioned in First class benefits. Value for money Convenience
"Hats off!" Prasad Venkata Lakshmi m.
Amazing railway systems which run on the dot ...It was a wonderful experience to lead a car-less life for the 10 days we were in europe. Hats off to the mass transport system ... Value for money Convenience
"Great " Rohit s.
Traveled by tgv for the first time. It was a great experience Value for money Convenience
"Wifi Connection" Gina Ch. a.
It's a pity there was no wifi connection. It should be on every class of the trip Value for money Convenience