TGV France-ItalyFrance : SNCF
Save HK$250 with code EUROPE1738 - book 3 months in advance
Save HK$165 with code EUROPE1722 - book 2 months in advance
Save HK$80 with code EUROPE1706 - book 1 month in advance
- Paris - Milan: 07:07
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TGV France-Italy high speed trains are best for a multi-city visit. They link Paris to Turin or Milan.
The high speed day train from Paris to Rome and Rome to Paris offers 3 daily round trips to link the capital cities of France and Italy. Operating at 270 km/h, the train offers a unique experience. You can comfortably enjoy the beautiful landscape of France and Italy. Bar services and meals are available on board. With a total of 12 stops between Paris and Rome, the TGV France-Italy train makes it possible to have a multi-city excursion. When travelling in 1st class on international journeys, your meal can be served at your seat. Food and drinks remain at your expense.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations include Paris, Torino and Milan in France and Italy.
|Paris Gare de Lyon - Torino Porta Susa||5h 30|
|Torino Porta Susa – Milano Porta Garibaldi||1h 33|
|Milan||St Jean De Maurienne||03:33||HK$139|
|Turin||Aix Les Bains||02:49||HK$497|
|Turin||Bourg En Bresse||03:55||HK$497|
|Turin||St Jean De Maurienne||01:54||HK$314|
|Turin||Lyon St Exupery Airport||03:47||HK$253|
|Lyon St Exupery Airport||Milan||05:02||HK$253|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV France-Italy tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Gare de Lyon in Paris, Torino Porta Susa and Milano Porta Garibaldi are all railway stations which have excellent transport links.There is no check-in before boarding the platform however you must be on board at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed.
|First class||Second class|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Subway tickets Tickets for Paris Metro and Milan Metro are on sale on board, allowing to save time and avoid confusion. small>|
|Kid’s facilities There is a nursery area on board for infants. small>|
|Seating/Club Space Travel in the intimacy of Club Space or seated next to your companion. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
In 1st or 2nd class, always travel in comfort
- Onboard of TGV France-Italy trains, you can travel in 1st class which offers large and comfortable reclining seats. You can choose a “solo seat” which offers more privacy in order to fully enjoy your train journey. Travelling onboard of the TGV France-Italy in 2nd class allows you to have 2 adjoining seats or a “Carré” space with generous legroom.
Time saver: Subway tickets are available for sale onboard of TGV France-Italy
- Plan your journey to save time and hassle. Tickets for subway rail services in Milan and Paris can now be purchased at the buffet-bar on all France-Italy TGVs.
Meals and Beverages
- Quench your thirst and sate your hunger! TGV France-Italy trains have a bar-buffet which offers a large selection of beverages and snacks, be it in 1st class or 2nd class. You can enjoy your drinks or snacks seated comfortably.
Interactive Rail Map
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
- A. The standard of amount of luggage is 2 large items per person. Trains have either overhead storage racks throughout the car, storage room behind the back of your seat or luggage areas at the end of the car. There is no porter service available and all passengers are responsible for putting their own luggage on the train. Note: Luggage kept by the passenger and placed in the luggage racks remains under the sole responsibility of the traveler. The railroads assume no responsibility in case of loss, damage, or theft.
- A. If you board a direct overnight train that departs after 7:00pm, then you use only 1 day on your pass. However, when marking the day of use for that train, be sure to mark the next day's date. If your overnight train requires a train change before midnight, then you will use 2 travel days.
- A. Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- A. 1st Class seats often recline, there are fewer seats per car, and there is more space for luggage. On some high-speed trains, the price of a 1st Class ticket includes a meal. 1st class is generally quieter with more business and adult passengers. 2nd Class accommodations are less expensive, but not as spacious, as there are more seats per car. For trips over 2 hours we recommend that you book 1st class.
- A. Many people take advantage of additional time they have in a city, then they board their overnight train. You depart from one city and arrive in your destination the next morning, refreshed and ready to start your day. It also saves you money that you may have spent on a hotel.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. There are two options: Option 1 You can select a Single compartment for 1 of the passengers and select a Double compartment for the 2 remaining passengers. Option 2 You can select 3 Single compartments, each will need to be requested on the website separately having 1 passenger on each reservation.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. On all domestic routes in France and all international routes that depart from France. When traveling round trip on an international route you will need to print both tickets before you depart. For more detailed information on how to use a French self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at French train stations?
answered | Posted by Chen Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/03/2017
answered | Posted by cristy r. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/02/2017
answered | Posted by Emma d. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/02/2017
answered | Posted by Gary F. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/02/2017
answered | Posted by Dean K. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2017
Reviews & ratings TGV France-Italy
Overall rating (164)
Overall appreciationExcellent 38% Very good 34% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 6%
- "Nice experience in second clas" Mohamed a. 25/12/2016
The experience was good however need more information for travelers who is traveling first time The cafeteria should be more equipped with simple things such as cups with cover ! Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Chirag a. 11/11/2016
thanks for good journey Value for money Convenience
- "Good experience " Sandra t. 18/10/2016
We enjoyed our 1st class experience on the Italian Train.All good except for the passenger information at the stations.Absolutely awful,one person to deal with non nationals.Took an age and patience. Value for money Convenience
- "Good but misrepresented." . 10/10/2016
Easy booking, reasonable price, easy boarding comfortable. No wi-fi which was claimed.
- "Nice way to recharge" Jesus Amado s. 06/10/2016
The seven hour ride from Paris to Milan is a great way to relax and recharge after a hectic week of sightseeing in Paris. The ride is smooth and quiet, so reading a book or taking a nap are pleasant options, as is just looking out your window watching the beautiful scenery whiz by. The train has a bar car, but we opted to pack our own lunch and snacks. There's plenty of room overhead and in compartments located near the center of the coach for luggage, but be warned that the aisles are not that wide, so try to pack light and make sure you can lug your bag onto the train and through the aisles. It was a very pleasant trip and before we knew it we were arriving in Milano. Strange how seven hours on a train doesn't feel anywhere as bad as the same time on a plane. Value for money Convenience
- "Good trip" Kathleen w. 27/09/2016
Excellent help from staff when needed Value for money Convenience
- "Porto SUSA to Lyon Part Dieu" Hari s. 24/09/2016
The train was delayed finally by 3 hours and updates and information or person to assist was not available. Susa station is quite small and with many persons waiting the facilities and comfort at the platform were also limited. Overall was a negative impact on my travel and inconvenienced me to a great extent, even though the situation may have been out of TGV hands. Value for money Convenience
- "Loved this trip" Carol m. 15/09/2016
Upgraded to 1st class. Well worth it. This train journey was not long enough! Comfortable, able to charge my phone and use wifi. Value for money Convenience
- "Not bad" Yu-ling h. 11/09/2016
No wi-fi Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful France " Aleida v. 04/09/2016
I went from Paris to Turin and vice versa. So I saw the beautiful landscape of France. Frst south of Paris and then in the direction of Lyon and the Alps and Italy. On the journey back from Turin to Paris there wre lots of tunnels in the Alps-region, so I missed a great deal of the scenery that I had seen on the first trip. But after that part everything was beautiful again. Very good staff on board of the train. Wonderful speed. Value for money Convenience
- "Practical way of travelling" Christopher p. 09/08/2016
We had a comfortable and pleasant trip from Torino, Italy, to Paris, France. The food service was good. If only the toilets would have been working properly and the clean up team would have showed up more than once, everything would have been perfect. Nevertheless, the 6 hour trip went very fast. Value for money Convenience
- "Our Italian Holiday" Iain c. 03/08/2016
Absolutely brilliant! Value for money Convenience
- "Very good" Ladda c. 18/07/2016
Value for money Convenience
- "Nice trip" Airton Jose s. 29/06/2016
Again it was a nice trip, but nothing to brag about it. However, what the survey is not asking is about my trip within Spain - Barcelona to Madrid and Malaga - That was the best; the train is very nice their service was awesome. Value for money Convenience
- "review" . 28/06/2016
very good train journey , enjoyed