TGVFrance : SNCF
- Paris - Nice: 05:36
- Book early, save up to 60%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High Speed trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TGV, high speed trains, connecting 1,400 destinations in France.
The TGV (Train à Grande Vitesse, in French) is the literal translation of high speed train. The TGV is the flagship of modern trains in France and Europe. It can travel at a speed of up to 320 km/h. The TGV is the fastest way to reach hundreds of destinations in France, in a short travel period. Operated by the SNCF, the French national railway company, the TGV also goes beyond the borders of France. More than 130 million passengers take the TGV every year.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Paris – Reims||0 h 45|
|Paris – Nantes||2 h 01|
|Paris – Strasbourg||2 h 20|
|Paris – Avignon||2 h 40|
|Lille – Lyon||2 h 55|
|Paris – Bordeaux||3 h 00|
|Paris CDG – Marseille||3 h 34|
|Nice||Paris Cdg Airport||06:36||HK$984|
|Brussels||Paris Cdg Airport||01:16||HK$706|
|Avignon||Paris Cdg Airport||03:10||HK$261|
|Lyon||Paris Cdg Airport||02:01||HK$261|
|Paris Cdg Airport||Marseille||03:45||HK$348|
|Bordeaux||Paris Cdg Airport||04:10||HK$322|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TGV tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Print @ Station (from France)
Go to a self-service ticket machine and enter your reference to retrieve your ticket. Skip shipping fees.
Seat Reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Want to travel in the comfort of a spacious train and visit France? No need to rack your brains. TGV trains are the flagship of French rail as they offer an exciting experience on board at top speed touching 320 km/h.
Experience the service
Many of the TGV stations are architecturally outstanding and modern.A reservation is needed to travel on board all TGV, the high speed French trains.
Make sure to validate your ticket using the yellow stamp machines on the platforms before you board the train.
There are usually two steps up to the carriage so make sure you can lift your luggage, or find a friendly passenger to help.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|Family area Seats are separated from the rest of the compartment, with foldable table and space for kids. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Reclining seats Cosy with more legroom, reclining seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Taxi reservation Pre-book a taxi and don’t waste time when you get off at your destination. For holders of a 1st class Plus ticket only. small>|
Travel in style aboard TGV trains
- Fashion king Christian Lacroix designed the interiors of the newest TGV trains, so expect to be impressed.
Suddenly you see!
- On some routes, the double-decker TGV Duplex trains offer an even better view of the passing countryside whilst at high speed.
Aboard TGV trains, comfort is not a legend
- With the TGV, only the train goes at high speed: you travel in peace and quiet with your family and benefit from the comfort of large seats and all of the services onboard. Upgrade to First class!
TGV trains offer the comfort of two travel classes to cater to your different needs. No wonder if after this experience, you will not feel like boarding a plane for short journeys anymore….
Interactive Rail Map
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. You will be able to book your TGV tickets 90 days in advance.
- A. First class on the TGV offers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. When Premier service is offered for this train the service includes meal service and access to the TGV lounge at the train stations. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. TGV offers two different classes of travel: 1st and 2nd class. Larger seats that recline electronically, power sockets for laptop or mobile phone and access to the bar buffet car are among the main features you will find in TGV first class. In second class, you will enjoy comfortable seats with also an access to the bar-buffet car where you can choose from a vast selection of dishes and beverages.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding TGV trains. However, you must be onboard at the latest 2 minutes prior to the departure time, beyond which access to the train cannot be guaranteed. Ticket control and passport checks will occur on board the train.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on TGV and if you are a pass holder, you still need to buy a TGV ticket. Among the passes available on TGV, you’ll be able to choose between Eurail Global, Eurail Select Pass or Eurail two country pass including France. France Rail Pass and France Rail Pass Premium are also among the possible options and offer last minute Easy Access reservations.
answered | Posted by Hiu K. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/03/2017
answered | Posted by Chen Y. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/03/2017
answered | Posted by cristy r. | Comments 0 | Created: 24/02/2017
answered | Posted by Emma d. | Comments 0 | Created: 23/02/2017
answered | Posted by Gary F. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/02/2017
Reviews & ratings TGV
Overall rating (1783)
Overall appreciationExcellent 40% Very good 35% Average 18% Poor 4% Terrible 3%
- "Great Trip great service" Kenneth r. 22/02/2017
comfortable, reliable service Value for money Convenience
- "Enjoy the landscape" Naomi m. 21/02/2017
I recently travelled from Bruxelles Midi to CDG Paris. It was a freezing day, but the train was a speeding cocoon with refreshments and a wonderful view of the snowy landscape flashing by. The arrival at the airport went smoothly - it really is a hassle-less way to travel, and depending on when one buys the ticket, surprisingly cheap, even in first class. Value for money Convenience
- "Can be improved" Sutat c. 18/02/2017
Less leg room than expected a bit tight for first classfor a couple would be good to book window seats across from each other. No security checks!!! Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent " Ashraf k. 17/02/2017
Everything excellent. .....exept one thing , when the train stop in station airport cdg, its only stop two or three minutes only , this minutes not enough to drop all bags with my family, airport means many bags. Thank's Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent service!" Arnan b. 11/02/2017
Fast, convenient, on-time Value for money Convenience
- "Comfort at Speed" Rajesh p. 08/02/2017
We booked at the last minute online for a trip from Paris Gare Du Lyon to Mulhouse Ville. This is the third time in 4 weeks that we have taken this trip. The coach was very comfortable, clean and spacious. The ticket conductors were extremely helpful as our French was very very basic. Looking to return and make the same journey in a weeks time. Value for money Convenience
- "wonderful" Nishi s. 07/02/2017
it was wonderful experience. Value for money Convenience
- "Good Trip to Destination" Dar c. 06/02/2017
Fast, Timely and enjoyable means to the destination Value for money Convenience
- "Montparnasse to Bordeaux" Kiok Lam c. 06/02/2017
Everything was Ok. Price not cheap. Value for money Convenience
- "Paris - Brest" Leandro c. 04/02/2017
It was an excellent trip. Value for money Convenience
- "very good" . 02/02/2017
It was very very comfort. seat system very good Price very good only one issue may i feel, no vegetable foods in the train
- "A great choice" . 31/01/2017
It's been many years since I've travelled Europe by rail and if my trip from Montpellier to Paris is an example, ithere has been great improvement in those intervening years, On time. Clean. Surprisingly quiet. With beautiful scenery. Ala in all, great value for money and I will definitely rail it again.
- "Tnanks to RAIL EUROPE ," Roger z. 31/01/2017
Its a great trip with RAILEUROPE. Value for money Convenience
- "all " Lloyd w. 31/01/2017
excellent Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable Journey" Andy n. 30/01/2017
I did not have any problems with this trip. Train departed and arrived on time. One suggestion from a non-French speaking passenger, I think it will be better if the announcement on board is both in French and English. Value for money Convenience