TERFrance : SNCF
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
TER are regional trains operating in France. They are also commonly known as local trains. TER stands for Transport Express Régional in French. The trains are operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. Seat reservations are not mandatory on board TERs. Travelling on board a TER is the most authentic way to discover the hidden gems of France.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Courville Sur Eur||Paris||01:13||HK$148|
|Val De Reuil||Paris||01:12||HK$157|
|Paris||Bar Le Duc||02:23||HK$314|
|Longueil Ste Mari||Paris||00:52||HK$113|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat Reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
All major cities and thousands of smaller towns are served by the TER regional trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. The AVE offers 2 first class options they are called Club class and Preferente class. Club class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. This class of service offers tables for each seat. Preferente class on the AVE offers access to the AVE lounges at the rail stations, large comfortable reclining seats, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat, and friendly staff serves you drinks and light snacks at your seat. Tourist class (2nd Class) on the AVE offers generous legroom, a selection of video and audio programs at your seat and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. You can use your Eurail Italy pass throughout the entire Italian railway network. Eurail Italy pass holders are also entitled to several discounts and benefits on ferry crossings and more. For 1st class pass holders, transfers between Roma Fiumicino Airport and Roma Termini train station on the Leonardo Express and between Pisa airport and Florence central station are free.
- A. A travel day is any travel between 12 midnight on one day to 12 midnight of the following day (i.e. a 24-hour period). On each travel day, you can take as many trains or participating ferries as you wish.
- A. The best option for 3 passengers is a T3 if it is available. T3 compartments are not offered on all trains. If a T3 is not available then passengers will be advised to divide their party. You can also book a T4 or T6 based on availability and restrictions.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. Unfortunately, you cannot request a forward-facing seat. Trains generally pull into a station in one direction, and pull out in another direction and seat positions change, depending on the train.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding ICE trains. Just be aware that for international destinations, ticket control and passport checks will occur on boarding the train. And if you are a pass holder, just remember that you have to validate your pass prior to boarding the ICE trains.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager. Eurail passes only show show 1st initial and last name.
- A. A travel day lasts 24 hours, in which you can take as many trains as you wish.
answered | Posted by Goet S. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/04/2017
answered | Posted by Ade T. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/04/2017
answered | Posted by Archana G. | Comments 4 | Created: 07/04/2017
answered | Posted by nawal s. | Comments 0 | Created: 05/04/2017
answered | Posted by Julianna L. | Comments 0 | Created: 04/04/2017
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Great Trip Great service" Kenneth r. 22/02/2017
comfortable reliable service Value for money Convenience
- "Good way to travel" Masako w. 13/02/2017
It was my first experience on the rail, schedule to meet so was very worried if I could make it on time but it all went well and the station master was very helpful. The ticket validation was a bit frustrating as it wasn't clear where the yellow machines were but people where very helpful. Very good system! Value for money Convenience
- "much better" Annalane m. 07/02/2017
this train was very nice and comfortable and the group was able to sit together Value for money Convenience
- "Will not travel by rail again" Dar c. 06/02/2017
Bought 1st class ticket. No seats for the family in 1st class cabin. There were no seats for 2nd class cabin too. My family and I had to stand for 1 hour before we can find any seats (left with one station to our destination). Extremely terrible experience to be shared wit friends and relatives. It wiped off the positive experience in the earlier trip. Will not take rail travel again. Value for money Convenience
- "all" Lloyd w. 31/01/2017
excellent Value for money Convenience
- "Quick trip" Janet h. 01/12/2016
Train was very crowded, but everyone was nice and accommodationg. Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful scenery" Alain h. 18/11/2016
Beautiful scenery, but our windows were too dirty to truly enjoy it. Tried to clean them off ourselves before departure, but to no avail. Value for money Convenience
- "Early Morning Trip To Agen" Vasile t. 17/11/2016
Clean, available space and seats, confortable chairs, arrival in due time Convenience
- "Comments" Barry d. 01/11/2016
Arrangement for cases could be improved to stop them rolling around in area on floor provided. On our Toulouse-Carcassonne stage, the luggage rack was too small for our cases! Had to have them with us by the seats. Not ideal! Value for money Convenience
- "Just the ticket! (Just)" Richard k. 01/11/2016
Uncomfortable seats on a filthy train out to Marseille. Lovely, comfortable seats on return and a clean carriage. Fair price, right to the heart of the old town. Value for money Convenience
- "Train mutated into a bus !!!" Simon t. 26/10/2016
Train not running - so ended up on full coach. Staff helpful and it was quite an interesting trip across country ! Fortunately the weather was lovely or it could have been a different story waiting in the open carpark for the coach !! Value for money Convenience
- "Short commute" Fanny b. 19/10/2016
Trip was the first leg of a longer journey. It was fast, convenient. There is very limited space for luggage. Trains don't seem to cater for passengers with suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "Finishing the biking trip" Allan m. 18/10/2016
Local train service from the wine region and very comfortable train. There was a lack of luggage storage and bags were stacked in the aisles. The train was also about 10 minutes late. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro Star, St Pancras to Paris" Keith a. 13/10/2016
We thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We got the overground from New Southgate to Kings Cross. Walked over the road to St Pancras, checked in and cleared customs which was quick, had a cup of coffee then boarded the train. No cabs, no weight worries with luggage. Had a glass of prosecco on board. The wifi was pretty good so I could take care of emails etc. Very comfortable and no stress. 2 hours 20 minutes later Eh Voila, Central Paris. Will definitely do it again, too easy! Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Margaret n. 11/10/2016
A pleasure to ride in the TGV, as always. Value for money Convenience