TERFrance : SNCF
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
TER are regional trains operating in France. They are also commonly known as local trains. TER stands for Transport Express Régional in French. The trains are operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. Seat reservations are not mandatory on board TERs. Travelling on board a TER is the most authentic way to discover the hidden gems of France.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Les Laumes Alesia||Paris||02:13||HK$337|
|Paris||Longueil Ste Mari||00:53||HK$119|
|Paris||Villers St Paul||00:34||HK$91|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
All major cities and thousands of smaller towns are served by the TER regional trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
Q. Should Eurostar, Thalys and other High Speed Train tickets be purchased prior to your departure date?A. Many trains such as the Eurostar offer discounted tickets for advance purchase. These fares have limited availability and sell out quickly. To receive the best price on the train you want to travel on you should purchase your tickets prior to your departure so you can avoid fully booked trains.
- A. Your Eurail Select pass must be validated by a railway official in one of the countries mentioned on the Eurail Select Pass (station’s desk) who also fills your first and last day of travel in the passport number.
- A. No. You have to buy your Eurail Select Pass before travelling to Europe. Eurail passes can be bought up to six months in advance of your travel date.
- A. Paper tickets will be sent to you by postal mail prior to departure.
Q. What is Rail Europe's cancellation policy for passes, point-to-point tickets, overnight trains, and specialty trains?A. Tickets and passes are neither refundable nor replaceable if stolen or lost. Refunds, when applicable, are limited to totally unused, and un-validated passes, tickets and inclusive packages. A minimum 15% cancellation charge applies. Refund amount for tickets will vary depending on the type of fare purchased. Please check the details for more specific refund policies for each ticket. For passes and packages please look at the Terms and Conditions. Sleepers: if cancelled and space released with the station of departure at least 24 hours before train departs, are generally 85% refundable. If reservation is not cancelled, no refund will be granted. Once in Europe, most tickets must be stamped as NOT USED before the Train Departure Date (for reservations) or the 1st day of validity (for tickets and passes) to be entiteled for refund. If you have already purchased your pass or tickets, please review the terms and conditions that come with your documents for specific information about the cancellation policy for each pass or ticket. To receive your refund for pass, documents must be returned to the issuing office within 6 months of the date of issuance (or 1st year depending on the pass). To receive you refund on combined tickets and reservations, they must be returned to the issuing office within 60 days. Click here to get the adress in our Contact Us section.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very traveler friendly. Once arriving to the station there are large Departure and Arrival Boards located in the center of the most stations. Match the train number and departure time on your reservation / ticket to the train number listed on the departure board. Once you have found your train on the Departure Board, you will find a platform number where your train will be departing from. Upon arriving to your platform and you will notice that each car (also known as a coach) number on the train is clearly indicated on the side of each coach. Check your reservation / ticket for your car/coach number. You notice the class of service will also be listed in addition to the car/coach number on the side of the train. Once onboard the train, you will find that similar to an airplane each seat is clearly labeled with a number. Match the seat number on your reservation / ticket number to seat number in the train car / coach. Train stations in Europe have international pictograms that are easy to understand and are used in international airports. These pictograms will assist you once you arrive to the station. If you still have difficulty in finding your train, the stations staff can always help point you in the right direction.
- A.Refund policies for tickets will vary depending on the type of train and fare that are booked. Please check the "details" tab of each fare to obtain specific refund information for the fare you are purchasing.If you have already purchased your tickets, please review the terms and conditions that came with your documents. Except for PayPal, for which the amount can be reimbursed automatically on the PayPal account. For all the other payment services, a BIC (Bank Identifier Code) must be sent to receive the reimbursement of your purchase.
- A. When travelling with Thalys, you can carry a maximum of two suitcases per paying passenger (the largest side must be equal to 85 centimetres) and one item of hand luggage.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
answered | Posted by Sze E. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/12/2016
answered | Posted by Passant O. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/11/2016
answered | Posted by Bianca Z. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/11/2016
answered | Posted by Arun A. | Comments 2 | Created: 15/11/2016
answered | Posted by Chee K. | Comments 2 | Created: 13/11/2016
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Quick trip" Janet h. 01/12/2016
Train was very crowded, but everyone was nice and accommodationg. Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful scenery" Alain h. 18/11/2016
Beautiful scenery, but our windows were too dirty to truly enjoy it. Tried to clean them off ourselves before departure, but to no avail. Value for money Convenience
- "Early Morning Trip To Agen" Vasile t. 17/11/2016
Clean, available space and seats, confortable chairs, arrival in due time Convenience
- "Comments" Barry d. 01/11/2016
Arrangement for cases could be improved to stop them rolling around in area on floor provided. On our Toulouse-Carcassonne stage, the luggage rack was too small for our cases! Had to have them with us by the seats. Not ideal! Value for money Convenience
- "Just the ticket! (Just)" Richard k. 01/11/2016
Uncomfortable seats on a filthy train out to Marseille. Lovely, comfortable seats on return and a clean carriage. Fair price, right to the heart of the old town. Value for money Convenience
- "Train mutated into a bus !!!" Simon t. 26/10/2016
Train not running - so ended up on full coach. Staff helpful and it was quite an interesting trip across country ! Fortunately the weather was lovely or it could have been a different story waiting in the open carpark for the coach !! Value for money Convenience
- "Short commute" Fanny b. 19/10/2016
Trip was the first leg of a longer journey. It was fast, convenient. There is very limited space for luggage. Trains don't seem to cater for passengers with suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "Finishing the biking trip" Allan m. 18/10/2016
Local train service from the wine region and very comfortable train. There was a lack of luggage storage and bags were stacked in the aisles. The train was also about 10 minutes late. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro Star, St Pancras to Paris" Keith a. 13/10/2016
We thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We got the overground from New Southgate to Kings Cross. Walked over the road to St Pancras, checked in and cleared customs which was quick, had a cup of coffee then boarded the train. No cabs, no weight worries with luggage. Had a glass of prosecco on board. The wifi was pretty good so I could take care of emails etc. Very comfortable and no stress. 2 hours 20 minutes later Eh Voila, Central Paris. Will definitely do it again, too easy! Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Margaret n. 11/10/2016
A pleasure to ride in the TGV, as always. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Cherry Astrid r. 07/10/2016
The only thing I couln't finish understand was that It was kind of difficult to identify the gates to take the train, but that's not your fault I guess. But I think it would be good idea to explain in a pdf or something like that how to identify the place where you get in the train, i'm not talking about the station, but the place in the station. Value for money Convenience
- "Train from Montpellier" Richard f. 04/10/2016
We wanted to travel to Marseille to depart by air for Rome. Realised during journey that the stop at Marseille Aero was best for us. Just a short free bus trip to the airport terminal, no need to go to Marseille St Charles Station. Value for money Convenience
- "Fabulous journey" . 01/10/2016
Excellent train, fabulous views
- "Start of a great day out" Stephen h. 26/09/2016
the service was 5mins delay from Lyon but train and toilets clean. Value for money
- "Marseille to Nice" Kiri a. 26/09/2016
Good option to travel between Marseille and Nice. Comfortable and good travel time. Value for money Convenience