TERFrance : SNCF
Save HK$250 with code EUROPE1738 - book 3 months in advance
Save HK$165 with code EUROPE1722 - book 2 months in advance
Save HK$80 with code EUROPE1706 - book 1 month in advance
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- Regional trains
5.5 milliontravellers in 2015
75+years of rail travel experience
TER are regional trains serving every major cities and small towns in France.
TER are regional trains operating in France. They are also commonly known as local trains. TER stands for Transport Express Régional in French. The trains are operated by SNCF, the French national railway company. Seat reservations are not mandatory on board TERs. Travelling on board a TER is the most authentic way to discover the hidden gems of France.
Popular journeys and travel durations
|Main routes||Travel time|
|Vitry Le Francois||Paris||01:51||HK$271|
|Paris||Bornel Belle Egli||00:36||HK$79|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- TER tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Print @ home
Print your ticket anywhere and anytime before your travel. Skip shipping fees.
Seat reservation :
- Free placement
Experience the service
All major cities and thousands of smaller towns are served by the TER regional trains.
|First class||Second class|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|Ergonomic seats Cosy with more legroom, ergonomic seats are ideal to enjoy the trip. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Taking an overnight train is like adding a touch of adventure to your trip! Depending on the type of compartment you reserve, you will either be bunking with new found friends, or sharing a private room with your travel companions. Remember, you are on a train so the amount of space in each overnight compartment is not overwhelming. If you have booked a private sleeper, you will have more room to move around in and store your belongings. Please note that on some overnight trains you can expect to have your passports collected by railway officials on the train. This is primarily for your security. Your passport will be guarded overnight and then returned to you in the morning.
- A. Yes all high-speed trains require reservations. Some 1st class trains include meal service in the price of your ticket.
- A. Discounted Senior rates for travelers 60 and older are available on the following passes: Balkan Flexipass-1st class BritRail Consecutive and Flexipass 1st class, BritRail England Consecutive and Flexipass 1st Class France Rail Pass, 1st Class Eurail Ireland Pass - 2nd Class Eurail Romania Pass - 1st class
- A. Yes, you may travel as many times are you like between countries that are on your pass.
- A. Yes. If there is no match between your passport and the information written on your pass the pass can be taken and kept by the train manager. Eurail passes only show show 1st initial and last name.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A. In some cases. Normally, your bicycle must be boxed and placed in a separate car, or it might have to be transported on a separate train. Extra charges may apply, and you must arrange bike transport locally. Bikes are allowed as checked luggage on the EC, IC, ICE, and TGV trains. The bike must be wrapped, with the wheels and pedals detached, and the handlebars parallel to the frame.
- A. First class on the TGV Medoffers large comfortable reclining seats and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase. Second class on the TGV Med offers generous legroom and a bar-buffet car offering a selection of food and beverages for purchase.
- A. On-board Frecciarossa trains, the official luggage allowance is two large bags or suitcases and one piece of hand luggage. It’s enough to enjoy a very long trip and explore the richness of Italy.
answered | Posted by Graham H. | Comments 0 | Created: 22/02/2017
answered | Posted by ieesh s. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/02/2017
answered | Posted by Elshender E. | Comments 0 | Created: 15/02/2017
answered | Posted by SAURABH P. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/02/2017
answered | Posted by Hui M. | Comments 0 | Created: 13/02/2017
Reviews & ratings TER
Overall appreciationExcellent % Very good % Average % Poor % Terrible %
- "Quick trip" Janet h. 01/12/2016
Train was very crowded, but everyone was nice and accommodationg. Value for money Convenience
- "Beautiful scenery" Alain h. 18/11/2016
Beautiful scenery, but our windows were too dirty to truly enjoy it. Tried to clean them off ourselves before departure, but to no avail. Value for money Convenience
- "Early Morning Trip To Agen" Vasile t. 17/11/2016
Clean, available space and seats, confortable chairs, arrival in due time Convenience
- "Comments" Barry d. 01/11/2016
Arrangement for cases could be improved to stop them rolling around in area on floor provided. On our Toulouse-Carcassonne stage, the luggage rack was too small for our cases! Had to have them with us by the seats. Not ideal! Value for money Convenience
- "Just the ticket! (Just)" Richard k. 01/11/2016
Uncomfortable seats on a filthy train out to Marseille. Lovely, comfortable seats on return and a clean carriage. Fair price, right to the heart of the old town. Value for money Convenience
- "Train mutated into a bus !!!" Simon t. 26/10/2016
Train not running - so ended up on full coach. Staff helpful and it was quite an interesting trip across country ! Fortunately the weather was lovely or it could have been a different story waiting in the open carpark for the coach !! Value for money Convenience
- "Short commute" Fanny b. 19/10/2016
Trip was the first leg of a longer journey. It was fast, convenient. There is very limited space for luggage. Trains don't seem to cater for passengers with suitcases. Value for money Convenience
- "Finishing the biking trip" Allan m. 18/10/2016
Local train service from the wine region and very comfortable train. There was a lack of luggage storage and bags were stacked in the aisles. The train was also about 10 minutes late. Value for money Convenience
- "Euro Star, St Pancras to Paris" Keith a. 13/10/2016
We thoroughly enjoyed the journey. We got the overground from New Southgate to Kings Cross. Walked over the road to St Pancras, checked in and cleared customs which was quick, had a cup of coffee then boarded the train. No cabs, no weight worries with luggage. Had a glass of prosecco on board. The wifi was pretty good so I could take care of emails etc. Very comfortable and no stress. 2 hours 20 minutes later Eh Voila, Central Paris. Will definitely do it again, too easy! Value for money Convenience
- "Fast and comfortable" Margaret n. 11/10/2016
A pleasure to ride in the TGV, as always. Value for money Convenience
- "Good" Cherry Astrid r. 07/10/2016
The only thing I couln't finish understand was that It was kind of difficult to identify the gates to take the train, but that's not your fault I guess. But I think it would be good idea to explain in a pdf or something like that how to identify the place where you get in the train, i'm not talking about the station, but the place in the station. Value for money Convenience
- "Train from Montpellier" Richard f. 04/10/2016
We wanted to travel to Marseille to depart by air for Rome. Realised during journey that the stop at Marseille Aero was best for us. Just a short free bus trip to the airport terminal, no need to go to Marseille St Charles Station. Value for money Convenience
- "Fabulous journey" . 01/10/2016
Excellent train, fabulous views
- "Start of a great day out" Stephen h. 26/09/2016
the service was 5mins delay from Lyon but train and toilets clean. Value for money
- "Marseille to Nice" Kiri a. 26/09/2016
Good option to travel between Marseille and Nice. Comfortable and good travel time. Value for money Convenience