Swedish Day trainsSweden : SJ
Save HK$250 with code EUROPE1738 - book 3 months in advance
Save HK$165 with code EUROPE1722 - book 2 months in advance
Save HK$80 with code EUROPE1706 - book 1 month in advance
- Copenhagen - Stockholm: 05:03
- Book early, save up to 30%
- Book up to 90 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Swedish Day trains
Swedish day trains, high speed link between Stockholm, Copenhagen, Göteborg, Malmö and Oslo.
The X2000 is SJ´s high speed train, travelling smoothly and silently at up to 200km/h (125mph). The X2000 allows you to travel by train across Sweden with Stockholm as your central point, giving you greater flexibility with your journey choices. The train is totally family friendly, with some trains even having a family car with a play corner (including a slide!), where children can enjoy themselves and make new friends. Some of the X2000 trains are double-deckers, making your site-seeing journey in Sweden even more enjoyable.
Note: No SJ trains will be running between Denmark and Sweden as of 4th January 2016 due to the introduction of a new law on ID control for travellers going to Sweden.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the X2000 train in Sweden include Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen.
|Stockholm – Gothenburg||3h|
|Stockholm – Sundsvall||3h 15|
|Stockholm – Malmö||4h 15|
|Stockholm – Copenhagen||5h 15|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Swedish Day trains tickets are open for booking 90 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
Your X2000 train ticket gives you access to the SJ Lounge at Stockholm Central station and Gothenburg Central Station.If you travelling on the high speed X2000 train from Copenhagen to Stockholm, you can hop off at other destinations on the way. X2000 trains depart almost every other hour.
|First class||Second class|
|Bar buffet car Access to the bar buffet car where snacks and beverages can be bought. small>|
|WiFi Internet Enjoy the freedom to read your emails, surf and listen to online music thanks to the wireless internet on board certain TGVs. small>|
|Power sockets Ideal to plug your laptop, phone or any electronic device from your seat. small>|
|Comfortable seats Spacious seats with a headrest and generous legroom. small>|
|2-bed exclusive cabin Ideal for more intimacy and more space. small>|
|2, 3 or 6-bed cabin Wide range of choice to travel comfortably. small>|
|Concessions Free coffee and fruits are offered to passengers. small>|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride. small>|
|Bathroom Freshen up or use the WC for more convenience. small>|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
- A. Yes, depending on the country you are traveling in. Generally there are local trains that travel the same route as high-speed trains, however they generally take much longer to travel the same route. You will need to weigh the cost of a reservation compared with the time it will take to travel the same route. Example: Lyon to Marseille is generally about 1 hour 45 minutes on the TGV. A local train for this same route would be about 3 and half hours.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. There are no check-in or customs procedures before boarding ICE trains. Just be aware that for international destinations, ticket control and passport checks will occur on boarding the train. And if you are a pass holder, just remember that you have to validate your pass prior to boarding the ICE trains.
- A. Train stations in Europe are very accessible and easy to find. Although the physical train station addresses are generally not listed, the stations are centrally located within the city and accessible with the cities public transportation system or taxi. Check with hotel concierge to give you the best directions from your hotel. Taxi drivers know how to get your to your station fast and worry free.
- A. Taking an overnight train is like adding a touch of adventure to your trip! Depending on the type of compartment you reserve, you will either be bunking with new found friends, or sharing a private room with your travel companions. Remember, you are on a train so the amount of space in each overnight compartment is not overwhelming. If you have booked a private sleeper, you will have more room to move around in and store your belongings. Please note that on some overnight trains you can expect to have your passports collected by railway officials on the train. This is primarily for your security. Your passport will be guarded overnight and then returned to you in the morning.
- A. The best-selling Eurail Global Pass offers unlimited, 1st Class train travel in 24 European countries: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Bulgarian Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, France, Ireland, Italy, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Luxembourg, Romania, Slovenia, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. Choices range from 15 consecutive days to 3 months of travel or 10 and 15 flexible days within a 2-month time period, plus money-saving Eurail Global Pass bonuses. The Eurail Select Pass provides unlimited train travel for the duration you select in your choice of any 3, 4 or 5 countries that border each other, as well as attractive bonuses. Select from Austria, Benelux (Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands), Bulgaria/Serbia/Montenegro, Croatia/Slovenia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
Q. I've purchased a single country pass. What do I do if I decide to visit an additional, bordering country?A. Your railpass covers you to the border city of the country you are traveling in. You will need to purchase additional tickets to travel in any country not covered on your pass. If you are planning to travel to more than one city, you may want to consider upgrading your pass to cover an additional country.
- A. There are a few passes that offer a discount for families. The Swiss passes offer the Swiss family card. This card provides free travel for children 6 to15 when traveling with a parent or guardian. The BritRail family pass offers a free child from 5 to 15 with each full fare adult or senior pass. The Great British Heritage family pass is available for 2 adults and up to 3 children. Many passes offer saver options which can be used for families. Children aged 4-11 can travel free in most cases.
- A. Breakfast is served before 11:00 a.m.; lunch is served between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00pm A snack is served between 2:00pm and 5:00pm Dinner is served after 5:00pm.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 10/12/2015
answered | Posted by Mohamed E. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/11/2015
answered | Posted by talia z. | Comments 9 | Created: 18/11/2015
answered | Posted by CHENG D. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/11/2015
answered | Posted by Ng C. | Comments 2 | Created: 04/11/2015
Reviews & ratings Swedish Day trains
Overall rating (23)
Overall appreciationExcellent 26% Very good 36% Average 23% Poor 4% Terrible 10%
- "Perfect!!!!!" . 02/10/2016
Please, I want name anonymous. My wife, daughter and, myself were very satisfied from Stockholm to Oslo; from the booking of trip to its consumption-no issues at all- Perfect
- "By my mind" Minchin s. 29/09/2016
Everything was by plan, comfortable, if i"ll need next time, i will do it ones more. Little bit expensive with taxes, delivery... Semyon Value for money Convenience
- "good trip" Yan p. 20/09/2016
I left my paper ticket at home in China. After checking with online service lady, she emphasized again and again that I must purchase a new ticket. However after I got on the train, I explained to the conductor and showed to her the ticket picture and my booking information from Rail Europe app, she acknowledged it and also found my information in her system. Pls train you service people with the correct knowledge, and the care on customer. Value for money Convenience
- "Tickets forgotten, not replace" Luis s. 13/09/2016
Unfortunately I had forgotten the tickets at home, and they couldn't be replaced at the trains station, or printed, so I had to travel with copies. Fortunately, the train guards were flexible enough, but I was scared for a while. Value for money Convenience
- "take train instead of plane" Didier d. 15/08/2016
In a trip to visit Copenhagen and Stockholm we came and went back by plane but chose train to move from one city to the other one in order to see better the countryside. The confort etc. were fine but at the end a lot of forest, very nice but a bit boring for a 5 hours trip. And not cheaper than plane. Anyway a nice trip and I would chose the train again. Value for money Convenience
- "Very comfortable and quick.." Karina Silvia p. 01/08/2016
We bought the tickets online and as there was a misunderstand in the address they contact me by email for more details. I received the tickets in my country within few days after the buying. In Stockholm, we arrived early just not to risk getting mistaken or miss the train. We waited for the train which arrived on time. We got on the vagon and took the seats that were indicated on the tickets. The 4hrs of the journey passed so quickly that I didnt realized. We took food with us to eat. The train had comfortable stace for the legs and some racks to put the luggage near the doors. We could you use the wifi provided by the train. Very nice experience. ! Value for money Convenience
- "Seating a problem" Robin m. 29/07/2016
The train service was efficient and pleasant. The disappointing aspect was that when booking through Rail Europe we were unable to specify seat selection . The reason we chose to travel by rail was to see the Swedish countryside. The seats we were allocated were not window seats so we missed seeing the countryside. The train was full and seats cannot be swopped. Next time we will book through a different operator which allows seat selection. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable train" Ravindra k. 29/07/2016
We took the train to Copenhagen from Stockholm. It was a comfortable experience. However it would have been nicer if announcements were also made in English. Also, given that we were traveling in first class, food should have been made available free of cost - especially because it is a very long journey! Otherwise a good experience. Convenience
- "great timetable and hospitalit" Manal a. 23/07/2016
we used the early train 9:00 am despite our ticket should be at 12:00 pm.when we asked the train staff if we could ride the early one they greed. Value for money Convenience
- "fine journey" Ka Yee c. 15/07/2016
it was a fine journey. the train arrived on time and departed on time. the train offered wifi which is an excellent service as I could surf the Net on the train. Value for money Convenience
- "Rattel" Sasson g. 10/07/2016
We were asked to exchange station and to drive to the airport to take the train to Stockholm, It was a big rumble and very uncomfortable. If we knew that from the start that we may invite this train. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable, convenient" Swee Aun t. 07/07/2016
The overall train journey back Value for money Convenience
- "Train to Ostersund from Stock." Joanne r. 05/07/2016
This was a very comfortable trip with beautiful scenery out the windows- wonderful! Value for money Convenience
- "Excellent Choice" Bethany Ann c. 08/04/2016
My first train trip in Sweden, from Stockholm to Gothenburg, was comfortable, clean, and quiet. With a table, charging sockets, and a large window the travel was very enjoyable. Value for money Convenience
- "Feedback of trip." Zhi Hong l. 18/10/2015
Actually, it was the first time I take the Europe trains. It was much comfortable than China. However, During this trip. The free wifi is not consistent. When I use the internet to watch movie, it always break. So maybe you can improve your internet stability. Others are well enough. Thanks. Value for money Convenience