Italian International trainsItaly : Trenitalia
- Zurich - Milan: 03:41
- Book up to 120 days in advance
- High Speed trains
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Italian International trains
Italian Int. trains. Ideal to travel between Italy and Zurich, Geneva, Basel, Budapest, Zagreb etc.
The Italian International service is one of the most practical to reach your destination in comfort and quiet whether that’s Spain, France, Switzerland, Germany, Austria or Eastern Europe. Your arrival in the next European country on your list will be via the majestic snow-capped peaks of the Dolomites and the Alps if you travel on board a high-speed Italian International train from Italy. Experience the beautiful landscapes on board Italian International trains which have comfortable carriages and shorter journey times. The best way to travel between countries served by the Italian International trains.
Popular journeys and travel durations
Main destinations for the Italian International Trains include Barcelona, Venice, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Budapest, and Zurich.
|Florence – Milan||2h 55|
|Venice – Milan||2h 57|
|Milan – Zurich||3h 38|
|Milan – Geneva||3h 43|
|Milan – Basel||4h 26|
|Zurich – Stuttgart||3h 04|
Booking and printing optionsBooking :
- Italian International trains tickets are open for booking 120 days ahead.
- Get the lowest prices by booking early and don’t wait until the last minute as cheaper seats sell the fastest.
- Opt for off-peak trains when you have to travel short notice. They are more affordable than morning and evening trains along with those running on holiday eves, Friday and Sunday afternoon.
Printing option(s) :
Receive your ticket directly to your address. Just take them with you and you are ready to travel. Shipping fees apply.
Seat reservation :
- Mandatory for this train! The seat reservation is included in the price of your ticket. Please note that seats are auto-allocated by train carriers. Depending on availabilities, carriers will ensure that all passengers of a same party are seated together. Seats can be swapped only once on-board.
- Pass holders . Book your seat reservation exclusively with Rail Europe.
Experience the service
All the main Italian stations have trolleys, baggage lockers, foreign exchange facilities, restaurants, car rental offices etc.Ticket control will occur on board the trains from Italy.
|First class||Second class|
|Air conditioned carriages Makes it bliss when travelling during the summer period.|
|Restaurant car Drinks, snacks and delicious meals, to make the most of your trip.|
|Welcome drink Nothing more refreshing than being welcomed by a drink from the friendly staff.|
|Newspapers and magazines Grab your free international/local newspaper or magazine and enjoy the ride.|
|Meal and drink A delicious meal and drinks are served at seat on board. small>|
Interactive Rail Map
Q. If I'm traveling through a country not included on Eurail Select Pass, can I add that country to the pass?A. Passes are only valid for travel in the countries covered by that particular pass. If you travel through a country not included on your pass, you'll need to purchase an additional ticket for that part of the trip. For example, if you travel from Germany to Italy through Austria, Austria is not a country on your Eurail Select Pass and will not be covered; you must purchase an additional ticket. If you have not purchased your pass please view our online maps to see if you will be travelling through a country you have not planned for.
- A. To find them you only need to fill in the booking form. This is located on the home page or in the Train Tickets section. Provide us with the cities you would like to travel between and your travel date. A selection of schedules will be displayed. Select later train to see more schedules.
- A. The following items of luggage are accepted at no extra cost on TGV trains and must be stored in the racks provided: hand luggage (suitcases, travel bags, rucksacks); skis in a bag; children’s prams; dismantled bikes in a bag; portable wakeboards in a bag. Also remember that on all French trains, including TGV, it is mandatory to place a tag on each piece of luggage identifying the traveller.
- A. You can get free (or cheap) boat trips, discounts on rail travel, free admission in museums, a 50% discount on mountain top excursions and more. You can obtain these benefits locally by showing your Swiss pass, or you can contact the specific benefit company in advance. The discount benefits apply during the validity of your Swiss pass, whereas free passage on trains, buses or ferries is only valid on travel days.
- A. Travel from London - Paris/Brussels and most of the train stations in between these 2 routes. For more detailed information on how to use a Eurostar self service kiosk review: How do I retrieve my e-tickets at Eurostar train stations ?
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. TGV trains offer high-speed train services connecting the major cities of France. Paris is 58 minutes from Lille, and Bordeaux is just under 3 hours from the French capital. Travel time between Paris and Marseille is 3 hours. And if you want to get to Strasbourg, it will take you only 2 hours and 20 minutes from Paris by TGV.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
- A. Frecciarossa trains run on the high-speed line connecting Turin to Salerno, Northern to Southern Italy and more particularly Milan, Bologna, Florence, Rome, and Naples. These trains connect Bologna to Florence in just 37 minutes and Rome to Milan in less than 3 hours. Travel time between Milan and Florence is just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- A. First class on the Italian day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes) Second class on the Italian day train offers generous legroom and bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase. (on major routes)
answered | Posted by aloysius w. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/02/2016
answered | Posted by Thomas T. | Comments 0 | Created: 14/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mike W. | Comments 2 | Created: 03/02/2016
answered | Posted by John U. | Comments 0 | Created: 01/02/2016
answered | Posted by Mohammad A. | Comments 0 | Created: 26/01/2016
Reviews & ratings Italian International trains
Overall rating (256)
Overall appreciationExcellent 30% Very good 37% Average 18% Poor 6% Terrible 8%
- "Good experience." Robert t. 02/01/2017
No problems encountered, train was punctual, cabin comfortable. Value for money Convenience
- "Scenic" Mun Wai James k. 19/12/2016
Scenic ride Value for money Convenience
- "Zurich to Como" Louise p. 06/12/2016
So relaxing and comfortable, and the scenery was amazing! Value for money Convenience
- "Italy " Iwan t. 02/12/2016
convenience and great coast along the way... Value for money Convenience
- "Good trip but..." Guillaume o. 17/10/2016
Problem of seat reservation No family space Delay of 30 minutes Value for money Convenience
- "Rome to Salzburg" Stefan w. 15/10/2016
This leg of the journey went very smoothly apart from the ability to store our luggage. As we are older folk it was immediately obvious I was not going to be able to lift our suitcases up into the overhead luggage racks and as a result we found space for them behind our seat as we were sitting in a four seat pod. As the trip continued people stored their luggage at the front of the carriage for possibly the same reason as us. I would recommend some storage racks at the back of the carriage similar to other trains we travelled on. Value for money Convenience
- "Comfortable -Easy" Stephanie b. 29/09/2016
Good train trip from Milano to Spiez. Comfortable cabin/seats/ride. Value for money Convenience
- "Smooth trip cramped foot space" Martin m. 19/09/2016
We three rode in first class. We were assigned seats in a four-seat-with-table bay, and were joined by a fourth for most of the trip. It would have been much more comfortable to be in separate seats, since the foot space under the tables is quite limited. In all other respects the trip was nearly as good as in first class on the TGV. Not quite as fast or smooth, and not as good food service, but generally fine and certainly far better than air travel. We will use this again. Value for money Convenience
- "WORST TRAIN" Harshal g. 08/08/2016
The Train was very poorly maintained. No cleanliness and Toilet was not working. I Even lost my Wallet on train and no one helped me out. Value for money Convenience
- "NICE TRIP" Hoi Yan c. 03/08/2016
the train is on time but the space for luggage is too small. Value for money Convenience
- "Trip to Swiss " Suresh k. 03/08/2016
Excellent Service ... Punctuality to the core .... Clean and well maintained compartments ... Staff very courteous .... Recommended 100 times if not more .... keep up the good work Value for money Convenience
- "vacation" Dennis v. 02/08/2016
thought first class was bigger (comparing to TGV Lyria). Also too many stops. Convenience
- "Most convenient way to travel " Wai Ling l. 03/07/2016
Train was comfortable and punctual! Helps to buy the ticket in advance if you know your travel times as it's cheaper than buying on the spot! Value for money Convenience
- "Good and worth" Wing Yick Louis c. 27/06/2016
It was fast and comfortable. It also saved our money Value for money Convenience
- "Car Cancelled" Karen w. 25/06/2016
We pre-paid and received in the mail, 4 upgraded tickets to travel from Munich to Bologna. When the train pulled into the station, there was no car with our assigned number. I asked train personel about our car, and was rudely told that it had been cancelled and to "go sit over there". (Pointing to another car w/empty seats.) The car we were directed to sit in, were lower class seats than what we had paid for. The car had little air conditioning and the seats were very uncomfortable. I would like a refund for the difference in the value of the seats for which we prepaid. I would also like to request that train personel receive an education on how to interact with customers. Thank you. Value for money Convenience