Swiss Half Fare CardSwiss Travel System
- Offers 50% discount to use trains, buses, boats and public transportations in 75 cities.
- Children under 16 travel for free.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
Switzerland can be discovered by trains, buses, boats and scenic mountain trains. Use the Swiss half fare card to get one month’s of half-price travel, while children under 16 travel free of charge when accompanied by an adult who is a holder of a Swiss Family Card.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Swiss Half Fare Card. Please note that residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
How to use a rail pass?
Most trains in Switzerland do not require reservations. You can simply board with your rail pass and take any open seat.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
- 50% discount when travelling on board trains.
- 50% discount when using urban public transport in 75 towns.
- Free travel for children under 16, accompanied by a parent, holder of a Swiss Family Card.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
Offering unlimited travel in Switzerland, one of the most beautiful destinations in Europe. Discover the snow-capped mountains, green landscape and tidy little towns. Visit Bern, Montreux, Geneva and other major cities of Switzerland.
- A. A passenger qualifies for Senior Fares at age 60 and over.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. Yes, non-smoking cars are available on all trains. Most high- speed trains are now completely non-smoking and all reservations are requested in non-smoking coaches when both options are available. There is no smoking on all trains in France, Italy, Norway, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
- A. A youth pass is valid for any traveler who is 25 years of age and younger.
- A. The minimum check-in time for passengers with Business First tickets is 20 minutes. For passengers boarding ski trains, and passengers holding regular tickets, check-in time is 30 minutes.
- A. A range of discounts and special offers are available in the European countries in which your Eurail Select Pass is valid. One of the most popular benefits is the discounted and free travel on various European ferry crossings. Other benefits include discounts on hotels, museums and additional transport.
- A. The Swiss Travel Pass must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.It is a pre-validated pass, i.e. at the time of booking, you will be asked to indicate your first travel date.
Q. What are the differences between Full Fare, Leisure Fare, Youth Fare, Passholder Fare and Senior Fare on Eurostar?A. Full Fare is an unrestricted ticket. It is fully exchangeable and refundable even after the departure date. For exchanges and refunds, your local Raileurope office must receive the ticket no later than 60 days after the train's departure date. Click here to get the Contact Us adress. Value fare is non-exchangeable and non-refundable. Youth Fare (for travelers under 26 years of age) is exchangeable once in Europe before departure date. It is non-refundable. Passholder Fare (issued in conjunction with appropriate railpass) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable. Senior Fare (for travelers 60 years of age and over) is exchangeable once in Europe. It is non-refundable.
- A. The term "Gender Specific" means that these compartments will not allow male and female passengers to travel in the same compartment. The exception to this condition is if you and your travel companion(s) intend on using all beds within the compartment. Trains in which this condition applies are: Elipsos, CNL, Lusitania, Spanish Night trains.
- A. First class on the Spanish day train offers large, comfortable reclining seats, friendly staff to serve you drinks and light snacks at your seat and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat. Second class on the Spanish day train offers generous legroom, bar-buffet car offering a complete selection of food and beverages for purchase and major routes have audio and video programs at your seat.
answered | Posted by Arun A. | Comments 2 | Created: 15/11/2016
answered | Posted by Pak L. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/10/2016
answered | Posted by Amol S. | Comments 5 | Created: 21/10/2016
answered | Posted by BALAKUMAR B. | Comments 3 | Created: 07/10/2016
answered | Posted by Mary L. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/09/2016