Swiss Family CardSwiss Travel System
- Children travel for free when accompanied by a parent who has a Swiss product including the Swiss Travel Pass.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Swiss Family Card offers free travel to children under 16 when accompanied by at least one parent who has a Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Transfer Ticket.
When booking your Swiss Travel Card online, you just have to confirm that you will be travelling together to get a free Swiss Family Pass.
Travel throughout Switzerland, visit its beautiful cities and discover its picturesque landscapes, together with your family!
Experience a unique travel experience which will offer you the most attractive panorama routes in Switzerland with the Grand Train Tour. The entire tour can be undertaken with the convenient Swiss Travel Pass, which means that you can start the tour from any city and travel at your own pace. Just make sure that you reserve your seat in advance on board special scenic trains.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Swiss Family Card. Please note that residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
How to use a rail pass?
Most trains in Switzerland do not require reservations. You can simply board with your rail pass and take any open seat. Reservations are required when traveling on scenic trains like the Bernina Express, the Chocolate Train, the Glacier Express and the Wilhelm Tell Express. They are also required for international trains.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
- A. To validate your German Rail Pass Extension, it needs to be accompanied by a German Rail Pass and your passport. Please note that the use of the extension requires a travel day of the German Rail Pass for each trip used.
- A. Validation of your pass is having a Rail Official at the train station stamp your pass as valid.
Q. Is it possible to travel from Cologne to Brussels by ICE and back by Thalys with a German Rail Pass Extension coupon?A. You can only travel from Cologne to Brussels with ICE trains. The extension is not valid on the Thalys train. There are 4 daily ICE trains between Germany and Belgium.
- A. You can print your tickets from the convenience of your home or you can retrieve them from self-service machines in London St Pancras, Brussels Midi or Paris Nord station before boarding your Eurostar train.
- A. No, there are no student discounts. Discounts are offered to youth travelers instead. A youth traveler is any traveler who is 25 years of age or younger.
- A. With Lyria, you’ll be allowed two bags or suitcases plus your hand luggage. Keep in mind that there is no charge for oversize luggage on Lyria trains.
- A. Check-in is usually open 30 minutes before AVE train leaves and is closed 2 minutes before departure. Also, bear in mind that ticket control and passport checks will occur before boarding AVE Trains. For travellers carrying Eurail Pass including Spain – just remember that you need to validate your pass prior to boarding AVE trains and get a reservation.
- A. You can print your TGV ticket directly from your printer at home or retrieve it from the self-service machines available at the train stations before boarding your TGV train.
- A. No, Eurostar does not transport cars. You can transport your car on Le Shuttle, which carries cars through the Channel Tunnel. For reservations with Le Shuttle, please call 08705 35 35 35 or at www.eurotunnel.com.
- A. Some passes may be purchased in Europe at a higher cost. It is best to place your order before you departure to ensure that you have your paper documents in hand.
answered | Posted by ieesh s. | Comments 0 | Created: 17/02/2017
answered | Posted by Yee C. | Comments 2 | Created: 17/02/2017
answered | Posted by Aditya J. | Comments 5 | Created: 16/02/2017
answered | Posted by garima . | Comments 0 | Created: 13/02/2017
answered | Posted by Mangesh . | Comments 0 | Created: 29/01/2017