Swiss Family CardSwiss Travel System
1st class offer: 20% off
Book your 1st class Swiss Travel Pass before December 28th and benefit from 20% off!
- Children travel for free when accompanied by a parent who has a Swiss product including the Swiss Travel Pass.
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
The Swiss Family Card offers free travel to children under 16 when accompanied by at least one parent who has a Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Transfer Ticket.
When booking your Swiss Travel Card online, you just have to confirm that you will be travelling together to get a free Swiss Family Pass.
Travel throughout Switzerland, visit its beautiful cities and discover its picturesque landscapes, together with your family!
Experience a unique travel experience which will offer you the most attractive panorama routes in Switzerland with the Grand Train Tour. The entire tour can be undertaken with the convenient Swiss Travel Pass, which means that you can start the tour from any city and travel at your own pace. Just make sure that you reserve your seat in advance on board special scenic trains.
Things to know
Who can buy a rail pass?Any person living outside the participating countries can use the Swiss Family Card. Please note that residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein are not eligible.
A seat reservation is a guaranteed seat on board a train.
Seat reservations are compulsory for high speed, international and night trains. However, as you will be travelling with a rail pass, you will only have to pay for a small reservation fee, as opposed to the usual standard fare.
Seats are generally available for reservation up to 90 days prior to departure and are limited. Book early to secure your seat!
We are not currently offering online seat reservations for high speed, international and night trains covered by the BritRail passes.You can book your seat reservation directly from train stations once you are in the United Kingdom.
Most regional trains do not require a seat reservation. Just hop on board with a valid rail pass, find a seat and relax as the train takes you to one of the many destinations served.
How to use a rail pass?
Most trains in Switzerland do not require reservations. You can simply board with your rail pass and take any open seat. Reservations are required when traveling on scenic trains like the Bernina Express, the Chocolate Train, the Glacier Express and the Wilhelm Tell Express. They are also required for international trains.
Most rail passes include discounts and bonuses. Save money and make the most of your trip with your rail pass.
When available you will get hotel discounts, free entrance to museums, discounted boat trips and more.
Interactive Rail Map
Use our interactive travel map to plan your trip and view the rail network of each country covered by your rail pass.
Q.Can I get off the train for a few hours and then get back on later that day if I'm holding a train ticket?A. A ticket that does not include a reservation for a specific train, does allow you to get on and off the train as much as you would like provided that your journey is completed within 2 months. Most tickets now include the reservations within the ticket, and do not permit the traveler to hop on or off the train If you are looking for more freedom to hop on and off the train, a railpass would be the best choice.
- A. No, but we do offer discounted rate for many of our tickets and passes for Youth passengers. To qualify for a Youth Pass, you must be under age 26 on the first day of travel.
- A. Reservation is compulsory on Italo. When you buy a ticket for Italo, the reservation is included. Please note that if have even if you have a Rail Pass which includes Italy, you need a separate ticket to travel on board the Italo. Passholder fares do not apply to Italo.
- A. Eurostar is a reservation-only service and bookings can be taken up to 6 months in advance. Also bear in mind that Eurostar is not included in the Eurail pass or France Rail Pass program but you can still get a discount on Eurostar when buying a pass.
- A. A Eurail Select Pass offers you unlimited travel on the national rail networks of any 3, 4 or 5 adjoining countries that are connected by train or ship. These countries are to be chosen from a list of 24 participating countries.
- A. Eurostar Direct Services can connect you directly from London to Paris, but also Brussels, Lille, Disneyland Paris and on a seasonal basis to Avignon in summer and to the French Alps during winter with a single weekly connection.
- A. Our popular Swiss Card provides 1 roundtrip by rail from any Swiss airport or border to 1 single destination. It also includes a 50% discount on all Swiss railways, lake steamers, postal buses, and excursions to mountaintops.
- A. Eurostar services offer three classes of service: 2 for first class (Business Premier and Standard Premier) and one for second class (Standard). Among the facilities offered for Eurostar Business Premier passengers, you’ll find priority express check-in in 10 minutes at the terminals, a dedicated ticket desk for check-in, access to the Eurostar Executive lounges, spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, Wi-Fi access at the terminals, a dedicated coach for business travellers, complimentary newspapers, and also a 3 course meal served at seat. Eurostar Standard Premier passengers, whose check-in is 30 minutes before departure, will be offered spacious reclining seats with generous legroom, complimentary newspapers and a cold meal served at seat. In the convenience of a comfortable carriage, Standard passengers will also be enjoying themselves with a vast variety of dishes they will find at a bar buffet car.
- A. No, there are no student discounts. Discounts are offered to youth travelers instead. A youth traveler is any traveler who is 25 years of age or younger.
- A. AVE trains can be booked up to 60 days in advance, giving you plenty of time to plan the trip of your life is sunny Spain.
answered | Posted by Arun A. | Comments 2 | Created: 15/11/2016
answered | Posted by Pak L. | Comments 0 | Created: 21/10/2016
answered | Posted by Amol S. | Comments 5 | Created: 21/10/2016
answered | Posted by BALAKUMAR B. | Comments 3 | Created: 07/10/2016
answered | Posted by Mary L. | Comments 0 | Created: 30/09/2016