Find a point to point ticket
Need assistance planning ?
Italy : Trenitalia
Trenitalia is the primary operator of trains within Italy, including Sicily and Sardinia.
The service also connects the country with Austria, France, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia and Switzerland. The company Trenitalia is owned by the operator Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), which belongs to the Italian Government. Italy has always been a pioneer in rail travel and the Trenitalia trains certainly lives up to this expectation with its famous high speed trains as Frecciarossa, Frecciargento or Frecciabianca connecting Milan to Venice, Udine to Trieste, Geneva to Rome or Bari to Lecce.
You can be in Venice from Geneva in just over 4 hours with Trenitalia trains, and travel from Rome to Palermo in Sicily is less than 13h. Trenitalia offers a great way to travel around the country and to see the countryside of romantic Italy from the comfort of your seat.
- Book in advance to get from the best prices in Italy. The Super Economy offer will allow you to travel on board the Frecciarossa, Frecciargento, Frecciabianca trains.
- When travelling by train in Italy, you can choose the Ticketless purchasing solution which is more convenient and which has no shipping fees.
- Connect to the internet! Wi-Fi network is available on Frecciarossa trains with Trenitalia.
- Travel with Trenitalia with your Eurail Italy Pass and benefit from numerous bonuses and reductions.
- Good to know: 1st class Eurail Pass covering Italy are valid on the Leonardo Express (from Rome Fiumicino airport to Roma Termini).
- Eurostar Italia (ES Italia) is a train which is operated by Trenitalia. It doesn’t have any link with Eurostar which links Paris to London and/or Brussels.