TERMS & CONDITIONS
travellers in 2015
years of rail travel experience
RAIL EUROPE 4 A is a Société en Nom Collectif with a capital of 915000 Euros, with its head office located at Les Collines de l’Arche, Immeuble Concorde B, 76, route de la Demi-Lune,92800 PUTEAUX, FRANCE.
Business register: Paris 401 714 993.
Registration number of travel agent register: IM075160030
Financial guarantee: Atradius Credit Insurance NV, 44 avenue Georges Pompidou, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France
Insurance company: AXA Corporate Solutions Assurance, 4 rue Jules Lefebvre, 75009 Paris, France
This website is owned and operated by RAIL EUROPE 4A SNC, Les Collines de l’Arche, Immeuble Concorde B, 76, route de la Demi-Lune, 92800 PUTEAUX, FRANCE; No: 401 714 993 00029, VAT Number FR 16 401 714 993, Registered in France.
RAIL EUROPE reserves the right to modify the present General Conditions. This right shall particularly apply in the event that legal imperatives or a broadening of the Offer make such modifications necessary. The Website user shall be informed of any modification to the present General Conditions by means of a notice of “change in the General Conditions of Use”.
For all enquiries about your train tickets or rail passes, contact your local Rail Europe representative.
Please read carefully the conditions below before contacting your representative.
Click here to contact your local Rail Europe.
Please note that for UK rail products, it is required that you be aware of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage rules which can be found at nationalrail. The validation of the Rail Europe General Terms assumes your acceptance of the UK National Rail Conditions of Carriage rules.
1. Fares and Availability
Fares quoted normally include all taxes, except where taxes are collected locally.
RAIL EUROPE endeavours to keep its Website and access to its related databases available at all times. However, for technical reasons, permanent access to the website services may not be considered a right.
While RAIL EUROPE has taken every effort to ensure that the information contained within the website is correct at the time of going live, RAIL EUROPE cannot be held responsible for any errors and omissions or any information which may be incomplete, inaccurate or may have become out of date.
RAIL EUROPE is not responsible for the availability and for the fares of the train tickets and rail passes. The information is provided directly from the European rail carriers and may be updated day to day.
RAIL EUROPE encourages you to check for any itinerary or time changes before departure.
The fares, taxes, fees and charges are payable in the currency of the country where the Rail ticket was purchased, unless another currency is specified by the RAIL EUROPE website.
You can make booking online and pay to us via Cheque/Cash/ D.D/Bank Transfer.
|Beneficiary Name||HDFC 0000019|
|Beneficiary Bank||Rail Europe India PVT LTD Collection ACC|
|Beneficiary Account No||50200001306142|
|IFSC Code||HDFC 0000019|
|Beneficiary SWIFT Code||HDFCINBB|
It is your responsibility to ensure that you receive your train tickets or passes within 8 business days after your order was made. If it is not the case, you must contact your Rail Europe office.
Click here to contact your local Rail Europe.
4. Confirmation, cancellation and refund
Once you have checked your fare for your dates of travel, you can make a booking on the RAIL EUROPE website, by giving the required passenger information, selecting the mode of payment and delivery, and clicking on “confirm”. You will then have a summary of your booking with a dedicated code (the booking ID), which you should note. You will also receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Booking on hold:
You can make a booking online, and choose the option to pay online within maximum 48 hours and sometimes less depending on carrier regulations for certain products (the price and the availability of your purchase might change).
For any cancellation request, please contact your local Rail Europe representative.
Refund fees will apply according to the fare you booked (click on "Fares and conditions" of the products at the time of booking to read the after sales conditions, also printed on the ticket).
Click here to contact your local Rail Europe.
Modification of your booking after you clicked the “CONFIRM” button on the payment page is not possible.
General information: Refunds for any cancellation will be processed offline within the time frame allowed according to the product fare (click on "Fares and conditions" of the products at the time of booking to read the after sales conditions, also printed on the ticket).
- Expired train tickets or rail passes are not refundable.
- No refund can be made unless the pass or ticket can be produced (lost or stolen train tickets or rail passes cannot be refunded).
- Passes, tickets, packages or reservations must not be removed from their ticket cover and must bear no evidence of having been tampered with in any way.
- Application for refunds must be submitted by the client to the local Rail Europe representative where the rail pass, train ticket or reservation was issued and couriered to you. Click here to contact your local Rail Europe representative.
- No refund will be made in Europe for train tickets or rail passes issued by your local Rail Europe representative or partner.
- No refund can be given on train tickets or rail passes purchased in Europe.
- Tickets on "Thello" trains cannot be cancelled or exchanged in Europe and are not accepted by the French or Italian Railways. Cancellation, exchange or refund can only be obtained from your original point of sales.
Additional specific conditions to Rail Passes:
Rail Passes are refundable only if totally unused, un-validated and received in a timely manner for a refund. Partially used passes are not refundable.
The time frame for submitting a refund is as follows:
- General case: within one year from issue date
- BritRail Passes and Prague Excursion Pass: within six months from issue date All refunds are subject to a minimum cancellation fee. The cancellation fee is :
- 15% for all passes
- 10% for the Balkan FlexiPass
Additional specific conditions for Train Tickets:
Journey trains including Pass Holder fares (Night or Day) tickets.
Journey trains are inclusive tickets, combining the cost of the ticket and the mandatory reservation and are issued as one document.
Journey trains tickets are refundable based on the fare purchased (click on "Fares and conditions" of the products at the time of booking to read the after sales conditions, also printed on the ticket). Cancellation fees apply as mentioned in the fare you bought.
Tickets are refundable in these cases:
- Before you leave your country: the unused ticket must be received by your local Rail Europe representative at least 72 hours before the train departure date.
- Once you are in Europe: ticket must be totally unused: must be stamped and endorsed by a railway official at the station of departure before the train departure date (the mention "not-used" and the date of cancellation must appear). You must obtain the unused mention on your ticket from the railway official at the departure train station. The tickets must be received by your local Rail Europe representative within 2 months after the train departure date.
Open tickets and reservations:
Open tickets are open date tickets valid 2 months on a specific route as per the vias mentioned on the ticket.
Open tickets are refundable based on the fare purchased (click on "Fares and conditions" of the products at the time of booking to read the after sales conditions, also printed on the ticket). Cancellation fees apply as mentioned in the fare you bought (between 10 and 50% fees).
Tickets are refundable only if:
- Totally unused point-to-point tickets received by your local Rail Europe representative or partner 72 hours prior to the first date of validity are refundable.
- Tickets received after the first day of validity are refundable only if stamped and endorsed by a railway official at the station of departure within the period of validity (the mention "not-used" and the date must appear). You must obtain the unused mention on your ticket from the railway official at the departure train station. These tickets are refundable up to one month from the last day of validity. Tickets submitted after the first day of validity, which have not been stamped as “not-used”, are not refundable.
BritRail Open Tickets are refundable only if totally unused (neither unstamped nor endorsed) and must be received by your local Rail Europe representative or partner within 6 months from the date of issue.
15% cancellation fee applies
Roundtrip tickets used one way are not refundable.
Sleepers and Couchettes:
For cancellations: Depending on the fare you purchased, some penalty may apply (see the condition on the board of fares):
- Before you leave your country: the unused ticket must be received by your local Rail Europe office at least 72 hours (Business Days) before the train departure date.
- Once you are in Europe: ticket must be stamped and endorsed by a railway official at the station of departure before the train departure date (the mention "not-used" and the date of cancellation must appear). You must obtain the unused mention on your ticket from the railway official at the departure train station. The tickets must be received by your local Rail Europe representative or partner within 2 months after the train departure date.
Once tour/package is confirmed, special refund conditions apply please check at the time of booking.
Exchange policy for Eurostar
Subject to conditions, Eurostar tickets which are not refundable can be however exchanged. Exchanges when applicable are subject to a fixed penalty fee per segment and per passenger.
Unused tickets can be exchanged for a new ticket by paying the difference in price with the next available fare, plus the fixed fee. Payment will require a credit card. Thereafter, no exchange is allowed. Exchanges can be performed by the issuing office or at any Eurostar station.
Exchanges when applicable can be subject to local administration fee and must be returned to the issuing office within the time frame allowed.
5. Security and Privacy
We are pleased to offer secure online payment using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL works encrypting all communications between your computer and our server so the information cannot be intercepted. If your browser is SSL equipped, your transaction will be secured automatically.
Customer profile under Customer account
Your personal data compiled when your customer account was created via RAIL EUROPE website site (surname, first name, e-mail…) will be used for the sole purpose of placing and carrying out your order (buying and selling train ticket) on-line. With this profile, your next reservations will then be much faster and convenient.
Rail Europe places a cookie on your computer when you first enter the website to identify your country and (if applicable) language preferences. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive containing information about you, which enables us to display content relevant to your market. Only non-personal information is stored in your cookie.
RAIL EUROPE shall:
Protect unauthorised access to personal data stored in its servers;
Refrain from communicating, selling or providing access in any way to personal data collected on our website to outside companies or organisations without your consent;
Allow each traveller access to his or her personal data (and only to that data), as it appears in his or her profile, and to change said data.
Children under 13 years of age accessing RAIL EUROPE web site:
Use of data
The data collected may solely be used for promotional or commercial communications or for information purposes by RAIL EUROPE or one of its subsidiaries or business partners, via different media. We may use data to conduct research to improve our services.
In very exceptional circumstances, RAIL EUROPE .may have to disclose confidential information when necessary for the identification, questioning or prosecution of any individual likely to cause prejudice or harm, intentionally or not, to:
- RAIL EUROPE’s rights or property,
- other users of RAIL EUROPE.site,
- any other person who may be adversely affected by such activities.
Personal data may also be disclosed exceptionally when RAIL EUROPE is legally obliged to do so.
A Rail Europe newsletter will be purposed if confirmed. Unsubscription will be proposed upon each newsletter mail and can also be confirmed in your customer account
RAIL EUROPE or its distributing company (your local Rail Europe representative) shall not be liable to any person for any damage whatsoever including any direct, indirect or consequential loss whatsoever which may arise from the use of this website or any of the information contained in this website or from any access to any other material on the internet via links from this website.
All bookings are accepted and all tickets are issued on the express condition that Rail Europe is not responsible nor liable for any loss (consequential or otherwise); damage (including, but not limited to, loss of, or damage to passengers’ belongings whatsoever; death, injury, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by, or arising from, or in connection with, any defect in any train travelled in; or through the negligence, wilful misconduct, strikes, or other acts, defaults, or omissions of any railroad carrier.
- Every booking accepted is subject to the conditions, tariffs and regulations imposed by the railroad carrier.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- Travellers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents and visas.
Unless otherwise specified, the train ticket may not be transferred to third party or reproduced in any form whatsoever. RAIL EUROPE reserves the right to take all appropriate measures if it learns of a fraudulent use or description of the train ticket.
To the extent permitted by law, any disputes arising from your use of this website or any information contained in it shall be governed by the laws of the French Republic, and brought up before any appropriate local jurisdiction of this country.
7. User Generated Content on Rail Europe’s websites
As a customer of Rail Europe and as a user of our website, you have the ability to interact with other users and with the staff of Rail Europe. Interaction can be in the form of posting comments, engaging in the Travel Forum discussions, uploading photos, and all other ways of communication collectively referred to as User Generated Content. By submitting or posting any User Generated Content on the Rail Europe’s website, you agree that:
- You are the sole person responsible for your User Generated Content.
- The elements of your User Generated Content should be objective and should remain coherent in relation to a topic, product or theme.
- Your User Generated Content is not defamatory in nature, does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
- If you are a direct competitor, you will fully disclose your company name and position.
- You will not stalk, threaten or harass authors or other users or infringe upon, invade or attempt to infringe upon or invade their privacy; and you will not Post any information or material which may constitute or encourage conduct that is a criminal offense, tort, or civil wrong or otherwise violates any applicable law.
- When you submit ideas, suggestions, tips, comments or proposals (collectively known as User Generated Content) to us, you agree that if we so choose, we may use and disclose your User Generated Content in any way we deem fit. Rail Europe has no obligation to pay or reimburse you for the use of your User Generated Content.
To post User Generated Content, you must first complete the registration process to login to your account. You agree to provide accurate and complete information during the registration process, when contributing User Generated Content or when otherwise using Rail Europe’s websites.
If the given information is inaccurate or incorrect, you agree to review, maintain, correct and update such information in a timely manner to maintain its accuracy and completeness. You authorize us to use your account information in case of a legal pursuit.
Ownership of rights for User Generated Content
- You own all of the User Generated Content which you post on Rail Europe or Rail Europe social media platforms.
- Should you need to modify or remove a User Generated Content, you have to contact Rail Europe and provide the necessary related information (first name, family name, date of the review or post, email address related to your account and the link to the review).
- You agree that Rail Europe can, but is not obligated, to display your User Generated Content, and your user name or your actual name (according to the preferences you select at the time that you register) along with your User Generated Content.
You agree not to post any User Generated Content which is: false, misleading, confidential, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, violent, invasive to another person’s privacy or protected data, racially objectionable, ethnically objectionable, infringing upon a copyright, a violation of international laws or a violation to local and national law.
Monitoring of user generated content
At any time, we reserve the right to modify or to remove any User Generated Content which is in complete violation with the Prohibited content terms and the general terms of the User Generated Content are not met. In any case, Rail Europe is not responsible for the nature of a User Generated Content submitted on its websites. However Rail Europe will make sure to take immediate action should a User Generated Content presents a breach of the Terms and Conditions.