Why choose us?
900,000 travellers in 2012
N° 1 distributor of train tickets.
Helpful travel experts
Ask any question on our Travel Forum.
All of Europe, one place to buy your tickets!
Rail Europe Travel+
Free coupons, train travel guide and more.
Member of Trusted Commerce program.
For more details about our products, download our brochure here.
Become an affiliate
Who are we?
- Rail Europe 4A, a joint venture of the French National Railways (SNCF) and the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB), is the leader in European Rail distribution worldwide
- Rail Europe 4A promotes, distributes and sells a wide range of rail products in more than 45 countries across Asia, Australia and New Zealand, South America and Africa/Middle East (hence the 4As).
- Based in Paris (France), the company has offices in Japan, South Korea, India, South America and Australia, and acts both as a wholesaler to General Sales Agents and as a retailer through fully owned web sites.
- In 2012, Rail Europe 4A transported more than 1 million travellers, achieving another record year with a turnover of over 200 millions euros.
- While Rail Europe 4A covers the 4 A’s, its sister companies cover the rest of the world:
• Rail Europe Group distributes in Canada, USA, Mexico, Central America: www.raileurope.com
• Rail Europe Limited services the UK market: www.raileurope.co.uk
• Rail Europe Continentale covers the other European countries except France: www.tgv-europe.com
- Rail Europe offers the greatest selection of European rail products, from passes to "point to point" tickets, as well as reservations and travel packages. Since 2005, Rail Europe also distributes Amtrak (US Railways) passes and tickets.
- Passes are the ideal choice to explore Europe at one’s own pace. Simple and flexible, passes offer unlimited travel in the countries covered, in total freedom. Rail Europe pass offerings range from the famous Eurail Global Pass that enables travellers to discover up to 24 different countries, to a large variety of National and Regional Passes for travellers wishing to concentrate on more specific countries.
- For travellers with more specific travel needs, travelling between several European cities, point to point tickets are ideal and a great value for money. A reservation (compulsory on some trains) will guarantee a seat onboard and the corresponding level of comfort.
- Best prices: thanks to its unique distribution system, Rail Europe offers real time availability and the best possible price, exactly like in Europe. Cheap/affordable fares are available on all trains, even on the most famous high speed trains such as Eurostar (the Channel Tunnel train), TGV (in France), ICE (in Germany), Lyria (between France and Switzerland), Thalys (between Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Cologne)… to name but a few.
- Best Service: Rail Europe strives to offer the best service to its customers, from facilitating the preparation of the trip with useful information and innovative tools, to an unmatched level of after sales support. When booking with Rail Europe, travellers are guaranteed to receive a service in their local language, to pay for their tickets/passes in local currency, and receive them before their departure to Europe, avoiding long waiting time at the station once in Europe, with all expected currency/language barriers, etc.
- In addition to the Swiss Federal Railways and the French National Railways, our rail partners include the Eurail GIE, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, Elipsos, City Night Line, ACP (BritRail), SVI, VIA Rail et JR and the National Railways of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and the USA. Rail Europe is also working in close cooperation with Railteam, the European High Speed Rail carriers alliance.
- Promoting Europe by rail is also promoting Europe… Since its creation, Rail Europe has been establishing close partnerships with national tourist boards of European countries. Rail Europe’s main partners include Atout France, Switzerland Tourism, Visit Britain, ENIT (Italy), DZT (Germany), etc.
- Active all over the world, Rail Europe not only operates consumer web sites, but also acts as a supplier to the travel trade, offering the end consumer the possibility to book as they wish, directly on-line or through their travel agent. Rail Europe accredited GSAs and travel agents are great professionals, experts in rail booking, and recognized for their know-how and quality of service.
Rail Europe 4A
Registered Office: 56 Rue de Londres – 75 008 Paris
Registered Company Number: FR 16 401 714 993 (incorporated in France)
Who we are
Rail Europe is a worldwide leader in European Rail distribution and helps travellers to experience the sights and cities of Europe by train. This year, over 1.7 million travellers will ride the rails with Rail Europe.
Rail Europe has over 15,000 destinations in Europe and the widest selection of available rail products.
What we do
Rail Europe connects European countries through its network of major train operators, such as Eurostar, TGV, TGV Lyria, Renfe, Trenitalia, ICE Trains and Thalys . We offer travellers great deals on the Eurostar from London to Paris, or help with the Spanish Renfe and Trenitalia timetable.
How we help
Rail Europe only shows real-time availability, meaning the price for a ticket here, is the one you get. In most cases, travellers can even hold a reservation for 48 hours before paying, and have the fare guaranteed.
Point to point tickets
Point to point train tickets are great if you are only visiting a couple of places, as they transport you to the heart of incredible cities. You can visit more than one country too. Take the Thalys from Paris to Cologne and then the ICE train in Germany to Berlin. Or stick to one country; travel around Spain with AVE high-speed trains and buy point to point tickets for Madrid and Barcelona or Seville and Valencia.
Rail Europe Passes
Rail passes offer flexibility and choice, so for travellers stepping off the TGV Lyria in Switzerland, there’s a Swiss Pass to travel around the countryside, or for those taking in the sights of Italy with Frecciarossa trains - the Eurail Italy Pass will ensure easy use of the Italian train network. You may want to explore the UK, in which case there’s the 30 day BritRail Pass, or perhaps you want to visit the wine regions of France - We can get you a France Rail Pass and give you that freedom.
If you want to visit a few countries then the Eurail Global Pass offers unlimited travel in 24 countries, while the Eurail Select Pass lets travellers focus on three, four or five bordering countries. There are regional passes too, for example, the Balkan Flexipass, which gives you the freedom to visit Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Romania and Turkey.